• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Charge Notice via Mc'ds Gatwick = Newbie! Please help... - WON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Charge Notice via Mc'ds Gatwick = Newbie! Please help... - WON

Hello everyone, Pleased to read you all!

Guess what - We have been issued a Parking Charge Notice through the post on the 28/02/15 - Issued on the 26/02/15 - Date of Incident: 21/02/15 Limited stay of 60 mins but apparently we were there 77mins - We tried to find a parking space but they were all taken buy taxi drivers. Once we found a place to park, we met up with my second cousin - all the way from Australia that we had never met before and we purchased lunch. However, I didn't even know that there was a parking monitoring service until now - So we a really pissed off that we had such lovely time catching up briefly, before heading to pub then off home later that day, only to find the Parking Charge the following Saturday - Great!

Please Help mystery1
    Tags: None

Re: MET Parking Charge Notice via Mc'ds Gatwick = Newbie! Please help...

Appeal.

Dear sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure.The driver did not see any signs and was a genuine customer. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If you get a popla code come back for further advice.

M1

Comment

Wow - Thanks M1 you are a legend - I've been reading lot of posts of yours and that you have helped a lot of people - Many Thanks for your prompt response. Update to follow...

Comment

Update 13-03-15 Well you'll be glad to read (smug grin) that MET have replied by letter in saying that my representation has been accepted and that they have cancelled the PCN. It follows that the charge is no longer due. They also apologised for any inconvenience that may have been caused as a result of its issue! If anyone would a copy how I set out my letter of appeal, feel free to message me and I can send a copy via email. Once again thank you mystery1 for your help!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X