• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine advice - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine advice - Won

Hello all

I found this helpful website and wondered if someone could advise me. I have just received a private parking charge notice for £60 for parking on private land for 13 minutes.

This is correct and I whilst I was not aware it was a private car park or penalties were involved, but I did see it was a pay and display. I was attending a conference and got lost. I don't know Leicester and so I did park up there for 13 minutes whilst phoning someone for directions. There is no excuse for not buying a ticket. I was very stressed due to driving round Leicester lost in peak traffic and pulled over to a safe place to calm down and find out where I was.

Do I just pay the £60 and put this down to experience? Not sure I really can argue against it.

Thanks

Re: Parking fine advice

I'd appeal if they are a BPA member. (british parking association)

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs and did not even park or leave the vehicle but merely stopped t ask directions. In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

If you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If they supply a popla code please return and i'll sort out a popla appeal for you.

M1
    Last edited by mystery1; 6th February 2015, 09:19:AM.

Comment

Thank you for your quick response. I found receiving the letter quite unsettling.

The letter states they are a BPA member. I will write as you suggested and come back once they respond. Whilst I log this appeal are they able to demand the higher amount of £100 if the £60 is not paid within 29 days of date of letter.

Thank you for your offer of help. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryegella View Post
        Thank you for your quick response. I found receiving the letter quite unsettling.

The letter states they are a BPA member. I will write as you suggested and come back once they respond. Whilst I log this appeal are they able to demand the higher amount of £100 if the £60 is not paid within 29 days of date of letter.

Thank you for your offer of help. I really appreciate it.

The more they unsettle people the more likely it is they get paid. Private parking companies are scum of the earth, as a rule.

M1

Comment

Private parking fine cancelled (Thank you Mystery1)

Hi

Success! Thanks to the advice of Mystery1 and their draft wording for a letter I have had a positive outcome. I have received today notification that my parking charge has been cancelled.

Thank you so much. It is such a relief. This result is purely down to your excellent advice and words.

[MENTION][mystery1]

PS sorry not sure how the mention tag/button works.

Comment

Re: Private parking fine cancelled (Thank you Mystery1)

@mystery1
            Last edited by Tools; 20th February 2015, 18:15:PM.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X