• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye PCN _ WON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye PCN _ WON

Hi. I'm a newbie here and tried to read as many threads as possible before I posted to see if if my question was answered!!!

my husband went to an Argos store on 28/11/14 (Black Friday) the car park was extremely busy and it took over half an hour before he got somewhere to park. He didn't realise it was a car park with the number plate recognition system and that you only got an hour from entering. We always thought it was an hour from when you park as that is what it's always been in the past!!! Anyway he only went to the one shop and I have the receipt to prove he paid at 13.06. He drove into the car park at 12.26, paid in Argos at 13.06 and left the car park at 13.46. Now my question is can I appeal this? Firstly I wasn't driving the vehicle but I am the registered keeper so do I tell them my husband was driving and secondly the incident happened on 28/11/14 but they only issued the charge notice on 9/1/15 can they take this long to issue it? Sorry for the questions and hope they make sense!!

Katie
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye PCN

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver, whom i am under no statutory obligation to name, was a customer of the store (see attached copy of receipt) and was also not parked for the duration claimed as they had to drive around a very busy car park to find a space. It was black Friday. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I also note that your notice to keeper was outside the relevant period as defined by the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Should you get a popla code please come back for more advice.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver, whom i am under no statutory obligation to name, was a customer of the store (see attached copy of receipt) and was also not parked for the duration claimed as they had to drive around a very busy car park to find a space. It was black Friday. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I also note that your notice to keeper was outside the relevant period as defined by the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Should you get a popla code please come back for more advice.

M1
      Hi Mystery1

I just wanted to say many thanks for the above advice. Got my letter back today saying that "We can confirm that this charge has been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due on this account". RESULT!!!!! Thank you so so much.

Katie

Comment

Great news ! Well done to you and Mystery1 xxxxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X