• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye debt recovery letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye debt recovery letter

Hi all,
    I'm a new member and would be very grateful if anyone could provide me with there opinion on my case.
    So I stayed at the Travelodge in Harlow in April of this year and at reception I was not informed that they had a tablet to input registration as the car park is operated by parking eye (it was dark on arrival). So I stayed for 4 nights and have a booking reference to back this up.
    A short while after I received a parking ticket from parking eye which I appealed explaining the situation which they then replied saying that on this occasion as a gesture of goodwill they would lower the charge to £20. Rightly or wrongly to get it out of the way I paid it then to my horror 2 weeks later I received 3 more additional parking charges for the following 3 days of my stay.
    I followed the appeals process again replying to them all individually explaining that I was a customer at the Travelodge, had not been informed at reception and that I had already paid a parking fine at a reduced rate as a gesture of goodwill and expected the matter to be concluded. ( How wrong I was!)
    I then had a reply from parking eye for the 3 tickets, 2 of them saying if you pay £20 the matter will be closed and the other 1 saying they will squash the ticket and the matter is now closed.
    To me that sets a precedent and afterwards I have ignored further letters that have been sent to me. Today I have received a letter from a debt recovery bailiff demanding £170 for 1 of the tickets remaining with threats of being taken to court if not paid. What are peoples thoughts on this please?
    I do not understand how these companies get away with this as there just living off the back of people who cough up in fear without question. In my opinion it's morally wrong.
    Any help given greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

So contact the hotel an complain!

Comment

Already have, they apologized and said they must of been very busy at the time. They went onto say I would need to appeal them and send my booking confirmation which I have.

Comment

I don't suppose you have any contact details for parking eye where I will actually get a response?

Comment

Originally posted by Spocker View Post
          I don't suppose you have any contact details for parking eye where I will actually get a response?
          When you can't make contact, contact the 'boss' -

Phil Boynes
          Managing Director
          Parking Eye

philip.boynes@parkingeye.co.uk

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X