• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKCPM Parking Charge Notice - Initial appeal denied....seeking guidance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKCPM Parking Charge Notice - Initial appeal denied....seeking guidance

Sat 25th January 2020*

I was taking my son down to London for him to move into his new apartment. Car full of his belongings and neither of us had ever visited this area before. The road taking you the entrance of the apartment blocks (there are 4) is still under construction and upon entering the area there is a security barrier with a security guard. I explained to the guard that we were here to move my son into his apartment and asked he allowed us entrance. I asked where we needed to park as we were meeting a representative of the leasing company in reception/concierge and he pointed to the right hand side of the road and said it was the second building down.
    After meeting the representative we were informed which block the apartment was in (3rd block) and I asked where we could park to unload all of his belongings......we were told to park on the right hand side in front of the steps which lead to block 3. At no point was I ever informed by either reception or the security guard that this area had any parking restrictions, there are no signs on the approach or where the security barrier is either. We parked up and unloaded the car of my sons belongings. This entailed carrying by hand bags, suitcases etc up stairs, an approximate 50 metre walk to the apartment block entrance and then up in the lift to his floor - not a 2 minute job!
    We unloaded then went to do some shopping and upon our return parked in the same spot....it was only when someone passing stopped as we were unloading the shopping to say that this area was restricted and he had received numerous charges for parking in the same place. I looked around and initially couldn't see any signage. There was nothing on the lamp post next to my vehicle and no road markings/yellow lines/parking signs. There was a sign some 30 metres away and one across the road approximately 15 metres away. Upon inspection this sign stated that it was indeed a perking restricted area and unloading was for a maximum of 20 minutes.
    I have appealed to UKCPM that I was actually told to park in this place by the security guard and receptionist and was not informed at any time that the area was restricted parking. There are no signs upon entering the area and what signage there is is sporadic and by no means obvious.
    The ironic thing is that the passing motorist pointed out a parking are probably 15 meters away that is highlighted by small brass spacers in the black work.....no signs, partially hidden behind some flower beds and with nothing at all to inform you that it is there.

I would appreciate any help on what to do next really. I have had my initial appeal rejected on the grounds that I exceeded the 20 minutes loading time and no return within 1 hour. It says 'the photographic evidence is in clear view of one of the many warning signs within the development.'

It also states that 'Upon reading the signage you have contractually agreed to pay a parking charge fee as restrictions were breached. It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure parking is permitted prior to leaving the vehicle unattended within the restricted area.'

I did not read the signage and wasn't aware that the area was a restricted parking area. In fact to the contrary, I was actually informed by the security to park in that actual spot. The security guard is surely an employee of the landlord or a company employed by the landlord?

The option I am given is to appeal to IAS but I believe this to be a waste of time?*

Should I fight it or just pay the £60....I have 21 days to pay....*
    Tags: None

Try reading this"

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...l-parking.html

What does the lease say about parking?

Comment

Hi, I have asked for a copy of my sons lease to see what it says, I will be back in touch.
      Thanks

Comment

There is no mention of parking in the lease..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X