• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON!!** MET parking ticket on windscreen appeal (POPLA code received)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **WON!!** MET parking ticket on windscreen appeal (POPLA code received)

I have received a PCN on the windscreen 2 weeks ago at a parking that needed a permit holder only. land appears to be of the council so cant contact anyone really to help.
    I have sent a soft appeal which got rejected and ive now got a POPLA code.

PS. i just noticed. the picture on the notice says that it was issued on the 17th october and that the date of contravention was on 10th october. this is wrong as the date of contraventtion was the same day as the issue date (17th october. which makes sense as it was a stuck on my windscreen) its wrong on the letter but online the pictures do state the right details including the right time. (it wasnt 3pm). details on ticket itself are correct.
    Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: MET parking ticket on windscreen appeal (POPLA code received)

Hi, welcome to LB.

Are you saying that there was a windscreen PCN attached to the vehicle on the 10th Oct?
    Have you still got it?
    Was it an actual PCN, or was it a MyParkingCharge notification?
    (I know that other parking co's use ^^^^them but I don't know if MET do.)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Hi, welcome to LB.

Are you saying that there was a windscreen PCN attached to the vehicle on the 10th Oct?
      Have you still got it?
      Was it an actual PCN, or was it a MyParkingCharge notification?
      (I know that other parking co's use ^^^^them but I don't know if MET do.)
      I've got a PCN attached on my windscreen on the 17th October. It was an actual PCN which I still got yes. Will upload in a bit

Comment

Originally posted by ajaj95 View Post
        I've got a PCN attached on my windscreen on the 17th October. It was an actual PCN which I still got yes. Will upload in a bit
        That Notice to Keeper states a contravention date of 10th October?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

That Notice to Keeper states a contravention date of 10th October?
          Yes it is wrong om the notice to keeper notice. I realised it's wrong after I sent my appeal to them. They now state I cannot reappeal and need to go through popla

Comment

Originally posted by ajaj95 View Post
            Yes it is wrong om the notice to keeper notice. I realised it's wrong after I sent my appeal to them. They now state I cannot reappeal and need to go through popla
            Did you ID who was driving the vehicle....ie who was driving at the time of the incident?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Did you ID who was driving the vehicle....ie who was driving at the time of the incident?
              no i didnt. appealed as registered keeper

Comment

If so, then imho they have messed up big time.

To transfer liability from the driver to the registered keeper, when a windscreen PN is issued the Notice to Keeper must be served (received) no sooner than 29 days and no later than 56 days after the parking event.
                Even given they've messed up their dates they have miscalculated.

Further, the postal Notice must show the correct period of parking
                (1)
                A notice which is to be relied on as a notice to keeper for the purposes of paragraph 6(1)(a) is given in accordance with this paragraph if the following requirements are met.

(2)
                The notice must—

(a)

specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;
                http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

If the info you've posted is correct it should be an easy win at POPLA.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Yes i'd hope so.
                  summary is basically:
                  Date of actual contravention : 17th october
                  Date of actual PCN issue : 17th oct obviously

Date i received notice to keeper. 20th october. (the notice to keeper isnt even dated)
                  I appealed to MET on the 30th October.
                  Received rejection today (7th november)

I received notice to keeper 3 days after being issued PCN lol. they really messed up didnt they.

Comment

Could you post up the windscreen PCN? (Obscure vehicle details, ref no etc, but leave dates visible.)
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Could you post up the windscreen PCN? (Obscure vehicle details, ref no etc, but leave dates visible.)
                      attached. also added the pictures from their site
                      Attached Files

Comment

So they've got the wrong time and the wrong date on the Notice to Keeper.

Means that they can't transfer driver to keeper liability.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Any idea how i should word the appeal to POPLA?

Comment

Look round at other POPLA appeals. Your number one entry will be the fact that the NTD and NTK have differing details on them and there can therefore be no liability under POFA.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                              Look round at other POPLA appeals. Your number one entry will be the fact that the NTD and NTK have differing details on them and there can therefore be no liability under POFA.
                              So do I ID the driver in the popla appeal? And state that I've got both ntd and ntk?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X