• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Dreaded Civil Enforcement Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Dreaded Civil Enforcement Ltd

Originally posted by R0b View Post
    Still no word from the court on the Order made from the Judge? When's the deadline again for posting this "counter"? Hopefully if posted out tomorrow then you should receive it in the next couple of days.

Have to be honest I haven't had much time to do anything but off work tomorrow so I'll make sure to get your defence up. I think you still need to keep pestering the court for this Order and clarification as you can't do anything without it really.
    R0b, you are being such a tremendous help here voluntarily .... you have your own life to lead as well so anything you do is always appreciated :-)

I asked about the order from the hearing and he confirmed it still hadnt been sent out. Twenty one days takes me to 27 October but I need enough time to get it in on time. I hope to have the documentation he mentioned in a couple of days but I can get no guarantee on the details from the hearing as now I cant talk to the court again :-(

Comment

Still no word from the court on the Order made from the Judge? When's the deadline again for posting this "counter"? Hopefully if posted out tomorrow then you should receive it in the next couple of days.

Have to be honest I haven't had much time to do anything but off work tomorrow so I'll make sure to get your defence up. I think you still need to keep pestering the court for this Order and clarification as you can't do anything without it really.
      Ive now received the order from the court together with the very limited paperwork they have
      Is this enough for us to do anything with, as I think I can be sure I will be getting nothing more
      Attached Files

Comment

That's enough to go off, strange order but confirms that the "counter" suggested by the judge meant filing a defence. I've already amended a fair bit on your defence which i'll upload later today as I am working a different computer.

Have you since tried to get any documents from the Civil Enforcement?
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Stravinskykof View Post
          Ive now received the order from the court together with the very limited paperwork they have
          Is this enough for us to do anything with, as I think I can be sure I will be getting nothing more

What a crock of shite. How exactly does any judge expect a defendant to put in a good defence to a claim which doesn't contain any cause of action, fails cpr 16.4 and pd 16 7.5 rather spectacularly ? This should have been set aside then struck out immediately under the courts own motion.

Anyway, the address you've sanitised, is that accurate for you ? If so you seem to have a postage problem. If not then the judge has ballsed up as he MUST set aside with no condition.

M1

Comment

That's enough to go off, strange order but confirms that the "counter" suggested by the judge meant filing a defence. I've already amended a fair bit on your defence which i'll upload later today as I am working a different computer.

Never received anything - I have tried - they ignore my letters (recorded), emails and telephone messages

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
            What a crock of shite. How exactly does any judge expect a defendant to put in a good defence to a claim which doesn't contain any cause of action, fails cpr 16.4 and pd 16 7.5 rather spectacularly ? This should have been set aside then struck out immediately under the courts own motion.

Anyway, the address you've sanitised, is that accurate for you ? If so you seem to have a postage problem. If not then the judge has ballsed up as he MUST set aside with no condition.

M1
            The address I redacted is my correct address as the courts have updated it in August when this all came to light. the other address shown on the docs here in Bowen Cout is the one I left in March 2014, long before the CCJ was made

Comment

Originally posted by Stravinskykof View Post
              Never received anything - I have tried - they ignore my letters (recorded), emails and telephone messages

The address I redacted is my correct address as the courts have updated it in August when this all came to light. the other address shown on the docs here in Bowen Cout is the one I left in March 2014, long before the CCJ was made

The incident appears to be from early 2015. Did you forget to change your v5 details ? If so when did you, if ever, change them (and what date is on the actual v5).

M1

Comment

The incident appears to be from early 2015. Did you forget to change your v5 details ? If so when did you, if ever, change them (and what date is on the actual v5).

M1
                No I didnt forget to change my V5 details ... licence & V5 and electoral list were done at the same time although I vaguely remember that the V5 docs were lost (presumably at DVLA or postal) and I had to re do it when it became apparent.

Looking at the V5 it is dated 5.5.15 so that could have been the issue, but having said that it was a year later that the CCJ was done and I know from the present owner of my previous address who had my forwarding details after the postal redirect expired, that no paperwork was received there. I have no reason to doubt him and I have an email confirming this from him which he is happy for me to use in court papers.

Comment

I'm trying to sign up to VIP as well, by the way to support the site as thanks ... cant seem to do it at the moment for some reason but will get admin advice :-)

EDIT: signed up and paid, just waiting to be upgraded
                  Last edited by Stravinskykof; 23rd October 2016, 09:21:AM.

Comment

Morning [MENTION=88904]Stravinskykof[/MENTION]

I've attached amended version for you. This is on the basis of what you have said so far including what the Order says, have a read and if you have any questions on it let me know
                    Attached Files
                    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Just to add to my previous post, para. 6 could be removed as this is covered by para. 2 and under para.7 the brackets should be removed and it should read as CPR 6.9
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

As this is a parking matter, and probably acceptance by conduct, practice direction 16 7.5 will likely apply.

7.5 Where a claim is based upon an agreement by conduct, the particulars of claim must specify the conduct relied on and state by whom, when and where the acts constituting the conduct were done.

M1

Comment

Morning @Stravinskykof

I've attached amended version for you. This is on the basis of what you have said so far including what the Order says, have a read and if you have any questions on it let me know
                          Good morning, and thank you again. You've convinced me! :-)
                          Clearly there's a way of wording things that isnt clear to the man in the street

I've re typed it all, and initially I will submit electronically together with the email from the owner of my previous property saying he has received no mail for me and that he has my details to forward to me should any have arrived. I'll also enclose copies of the two letters to Civil Enforcement Ltd again.

I notice there is a signature section and although I've been told I can submit electronically, I guess I will have to take a signed hard copy to the court to make sure it gets there before tomorrow. I guess my only two questions are ...... Do you think I should I send a copy of the defence to Civil Enforcements Ltd and should I also submit that order that I originally posted with the papers to the court?

Comment

Just to add to my previous post, para. 6 could be removed as this is covered by para. 2 and under para.7 the brackets should be removed and it should read as CPR 6.9
                            Just saw these posts, have made those amendments

As this is a parking matter, and probably acceptance by conduct, practice direction 16 7.5 will likely apply.

7.5 Where a claim is based upon an agreement by conduct, the particulars of claim must specify the conduct relied on and state by whom, when and where the acts constituting the conduct were done.

M1
                            Thanks, OK that should be 6.9 or 7.5?

Comment

CPR 6, Rule 6.9 is complying with service of the claim form - http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...les/part06#6.9

And I believe M1 means Practice Direction 16, Rule 7.5 - https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr.../pd_part16#6.1

As for the signature, you must signed the Defence as it is a requirement. You could print it out, sign and scan it back in then send to the court and the claimant.

Alternatively you could sign the defence electronically if you wish and if you google free electronic signatures there's plenty out there that you can use either by inserting it as an image or uploading the document and doing it online.

Be sure to send the email from an email address that could be identifiable as yourself and not something like funkywarrior@outlook.com as the other side might argue that an electronic signature is invalid and the send cannot be ascertained as being you. There has been some case law on electronic signatures and it has previously been accepted but you don't want to give them any scope to throw it out.

Also send a copy by post if that is possible, and yes you should send a copy to CEL, by email too if you can.
                              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

CPR 6, Rule 6.9 is complying with service of the claim form - http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...les/part06#6.9

And I believe M1 means Practice Direction 16, Rule 7.5 - https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr.../pd_part16#6.1

As for the signature, you must signed the Defence as it is a requirement. You could print it out, sign and scan it back in then send to the court and the claimant.

Alternatively you could sign the defence electronically if you wish and if you google free electronic signatures there's plenty out there that you can use either by inserting it as an image or uploading the document and doing it online.

Be sure to send the email from an email address that could be identifiable as yourself and not something like funkywarrior@outlook.com as the other side might argue that an electronic signature is invalid and the send cannot be ascertained as being you. There has been some case law on electronic signatures and it has previously been accepted but you don't want to give them any scope to throw it out.

Also send a copy by post if that is possible.
                                I'll get on it thanks. If i cant get the signature software I'll take the route of lodging electronically and then delivering a signed one to the court (only half an hour away) or sending it by recorded
                                I'll state on the email that I send with the docs that an original signed one has been sent. My email address is my name, so that should be fine

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X