• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Control Management/Gladstones Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Control Management/Gladstones Court Claim

No they are not. The court date letter states everything must be served at least 14 days beforehand unless it actually specifies a date which would be earlier.

The POC is their case.

http://www.legalblog.in/2011/06/impo...dings-law.html

https://civillitigationbrief.wordpre...ases-reviewed/

M1

Comment

Thank you. My letter says my case is in second place to another case that day so if the other case doesn't settle mine will be rescheduled. So they now have to send me all their documents? And I have to defend those?

Comment

The documents should only support their case. Obviously as they haven't set out their case then that's not what they are going to do. This is something we need to watch and prepare for in case the court doesn't laugh and chuck the case out as a shambles. Not rely much prep you can do until you see what they say though.

Be worth reading the reports about Gladstones cases http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/ as there have been a few this year.

I don't expect them to turn up at the hearing.

M1

Comment

Oh blimey I'll read that now thank you. This is unnerving but very eye opening for me! Thank you so much for all your help once again.

Comment

I've had a read through that thread and there seem to be a fair few Gladstone cases. The court letter states in one case that the claimant must pay the defendants costs. Does this mean because you had to take time off work etc? Many thanks

Comment

In small claims you get £95 per day.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr.../pd_part27#7.1

Costs
              7.1 Attention is drawn to Rule 27.14 which contains provisions about the costs which may be ordered to be paid by one party to another.
              7.2 The amount which a party may be ordered to pay under rule 27.14(2)(b) (for legal advice and assistance in claims including an injunction or specific performance) is a sum not exceeding £260.
              7.3 The amounts which a party may be ordered to pay under rule 27.14(3)(c) (loss of earnings) and (d) (experts’ fees) are:
              (1) for the loss of earnings or loss of leave of each party or witness due to attending a hearing or staying away from home for the purpose of attending a hearing, a sum not exceeding £95 per day for each person

However more can be awarded

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...s/part27#27.14

(g) such further costs as the court may assess by the summary procedure and order to be paid by a party who has behaved unreasonably

M1

Comment

Originally posted by TikiJnr View Post
                Be interested to see how they've responded seeing as my case is due this month with the same parking firm and solicitors and I've received nothing yet.
                Is it close to the 14 day deadline ? (or did the court change the 14 days to something else)

M1

Comment

My case is due to be heard on 30th September so it's getting close. Court never said it had been changed. Help cjj said theirs was in their junk mailbox. I searched that back to the beginning of July, I've received nothing.

Comment

Phone the court to make sure all is well.

I'd expect a bundle from Gladstones at the end of next week.

M1

Comment

The court have nothing to report to me and still nothing from Gladstones. Why would one case get their evidence months in advance and one not? Like would there be any reason, tactical or otherwise?

Comment

Hi there

I've just received the court bundle. Should I send it over? My favourite part is that the onus was on me to make investigations as to the parking fine as they provided me with the pcn number. Forget the fact I phoned and emailed them on numerous occasions, all of which were ignored...

- - - Updated - - -

They have also misspelled my surname. A totally normal, in the top 50 in the UK, British surname.

Comment

Yes.

M1

Comment

Sent it over =)

Comment

Sure [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] will do it soon.

M1

Comment

Cool thank you. I have sent it over but there were a few pages to it, mostly photos. Also didn't add the documents to the first email as the attachment and send button were next to each other and I was clearly feeling clumsy!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X