• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim from CEL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim from CEL

@mystery1 ..Please help

I received a county claim from Civil Enforcement Limited (CEL) for 225 pound

The time spent in the car park was 20 minutes. It is a pub car park in Warrington city centre

It was after dark andthe car park was unlit so the driver did not see the signs.

I have attached the claim form and particulars of claim .

Please HELPPPPPP
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: County Court Claim from CEL

I'll get back to you soon.

M1

Comment

Mark44defence.odt

Edit to suit.

M1

Comment

Thank you mystery1

However I have some comments, please can you help clarify these please

Paragraph 8 of the defence - is it referring to the terms or the signs

Paragraph 9 of the defence - I am not sure I received a notice of keeper liability

Do I need include the reasons the driver could not pay - could not see the signs as it was dark

Thank you for your help so far
        Last edited by mystery1; 1st April 2016, 06:12:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark44 View Post
          Thank you mystery1

However I have some comments, please can you help clarify these please

Paragraph 8 of the defence - is it referring to the terms or the signs

Paragraph 9 of the defence - I am not sure I received a notice of keeper liability

Do I need include the reasons the driver could not pay - could not see the signs as it was dark

Thank you for your help so far

Para 8 refers to both as the signs are what are required to inform about the terms and as it was dark the were not easily legible and "bound to be seen" as you found when you checked later on as when you became aware of the charge you went back to check.

Para 9 places the burden of proof on them to show that you did, or at least that they posted one out to you.

We have included the darkness.

M1

Comment

Thank you mystery1

Comment

Hello Mystery1.

Just been in touch with the court and I was informed that the claimant is yet to file an N215 to inform them that the particulars of details have been served. According to PD 7E 6.1(2) the claimant is required to file N215 at the centre within 14 days of serving the particulars.

How can I use this to my advantage?

Comment

That's something i'll need to research a bit.

M1

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

CEL have expressed an interest in a mediation session and it has been arranged for next week. Have you got any advice for me please?

Comment

Decide what you want and stick to your guns. If you want drop it and no costs either side, pay £5 whatever then that's what you want.

Don't be fooled by a mediator who doesn't mediate and thinks they're clever.

Mediation is not so much a thing to end this, as covering your arse for costs if you don't do it. It's unlikely to work. If it does, bonus.

M1

Comment

thank you [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Do you think I should state reasons why I am disputing the charge during the mediation?

Comment

Depends how it goes really. The reasons are no secret as they are in you defence but legal argument isn't really for mediation, even though it no doubt happens all the time. You aren't having a hearing, more a negotiation.

M1

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] .. so the case has gone to court and I have been advised to send all documents to the court and CEL.

Do I need to present my case now in writing to the court before the hearing date as to why I don't think I am liable for the charge and pictures of the car park as well?

Comment

You do not need to present your case until the hearing although many would send in a skeleton argument to make it easier and hope the judge gets a better understanding beforehand.

A witness statement and other evidence you intend to use needs to be filed to the court and them before the stated deadline.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X