• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Costs Issue Hearing with DEAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costs Issue Hearing with DEAL

As soon as I was notified that my case had been struck out because DEAL did not pay their hearing fee, I notified my local court of the costs incurred by me over the last few months. The case should never have been brought against me as I parked for less than the 2 hours allowed, (admitted by them in their Witness Statement). I claimed for 18 hours of my time spent in dealing with I think a total of 20 different items of paperwork.
    The matter has now been listed for a costs issue hearing in front of a District Judge in April. Has anyone else been down this route ? As the case against me was struck out by the Court about two weeks ago can DEAL make a claim for costs?

Thanks
    Last edited by Amethyst; 25th March 2015, 17:50:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Costs Issue Hearing with DEAL

The costs of what ? Their claim was struck out, they lost. Loser doesn't normally get costs.

M1

Comment

Based on what the OP has said, it's their time, not DEAL's. A costs hearing will simply involve a Judge going through your claim and assessing whether it's reasonable in amount. I've had this happen to me recently, but mine is now listed for a detailed assessment hearing, rather than summary.

Have you filed a Notice of Costs, with a Certificate of Service on the other side & the Court? What hourly rate are you claiming?

Comment

My view of this is that more people should do it. After all they put you through the mill then just expect to walk away scot free when they realise they do not have a case.

Comment

Thanks dan_1207. I sent a Schedule of Costs attached to the letter I sent to the court. I didn't really expect much to happen but I did say in my letter "that the amount of courts' time being wasted around the country by this company should be brought to the attention of a judge". Certificate of Service....is this something that I should have sent to DEAL. Hourly rate of £18.

Comment

Certificate of Service in form N215 can be obtained here: http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...t_forms_id=459. It just shows the Court that you've served DEAL with notice of your costs.

Not much else to do with this until the hearing, unless DEAL make you an offer to settle.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X