• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye- letter before county court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking eye- letter before county court claim

An SRA complaint is entirely separate to the court action although i'm not so sure they've done much to warrant a complaint, yet.

http://www.sra.org.uk/contact-us/

M1

Comment

Dear Mystery1,

I have today received a letter from the court saying my case has been referred to my local court. It feels as if they are not interested in anything, I doubt they even read anything and just bin it! The letter says to read the accompanying documents carefully but there was nothing else in the envelope! What is the next stage and what should I do now? Many thanks xx

Comment

The court won't have read much of your stuff as it's a judge that does so in preparation for a hearing.

http://www.advicenow.org.uk/going-to-court

http://www.advicenow.org.uk/data/fil...essed-1622.pdf

The form is straight forward. Ask again for a stay pending Beavis. Then await the direction of the court.

M1

Comment

Dear Mystery 1, I have today received a letter from PE in response to my letter of the 16th December.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r4fgy3c5w...oc1dRfCm9a?dl=

Would you read it an translate into english for me please, and advise me what is happening now.

Many thanks for your help xx

Comment

[Translation.]

Shit, you caught us with out pants down. A stay (postponment) is fine say *gritted teeth*

We also quote various rules to try and confuse you hoping that you are blonde and won't notice we are full of shit.

We didn't tell you about the appeal and that is not taking unfair advantage, ok maybe taking the piss a bit.

We don't really care what you say.

Please pay.

[end translation]

Send an email to the court with the letter attached and ask the court manager to stay proceedings as both sides agree.

M1

Comment

I havnt heard from the court yet, I had a letter saying it was being transferred to a court near me but havnt heard from them at all. Should I send it to Northampton or the court near me?

Thank you so much for your help x

Comment

Probably near you. Ring them first and see if they have the file.

M1

Comment

Ok thank you very much. I take it, this is now on the back burner, until this other case is heard ? Do you know when that is likely to be? x

Comment

It's not on the back burner until the court agrees.

Beavis is 23rd February approx but the result will be end March early April i'd think.

M1

Comment

Ok so depending how that goes, I may end up in court in April time? x

Comment

You could & should end up winning by default if the court of appeal is sensible

M1

Comment

Fingers crossed then eh! There has been alot of bad publicity locally about this particular site with letters to the papers etc and the local supermarket has even got a big banner advertising its now 3 hours free parking! I strongely feel their greed is the nail in the coffin of the local precinct it is supposed to service!! I will send a copy of the letter to both Northampton and the local court to make doubly sure. I will keep you posted, many thanks x

Comment

Good morning Mystery 1, I have this morning received a letter from the County Court near me to say that "Upon there being no attendance by either party it is ordered that the claimants claim be and is hereby dismissed".
                            I didn't have any notification of a date or anything so a bit odd but very good news.

I am extremely grateful to you for all your help and advice, it was very daunting to me but with your help it shows being a bully doesn't always pay!

Thank you again xx

Comment

Originally posted by SusanF View Post
                              Good morning Mystery 1, I have this morning received a letter from the County Court near me to say that "Upon there being no attendance by either party it is ordered that the claimants claim be and is hereby dismissed".
                              I didn't have any notification of a date or anything so a bit odd but very good news.

I am extremely grateful to you for all your help and advice, it was very daunting to me but with your help it shows being a bully doesn't always pay!

Thank you again xx
                              Very weird. Hopefully that's it but be prepared for PE to be upset and try to get the court to see the error (not advising you both of a hearing).

M1

Comment

Dear Mystery 1, you were right unfortunately I have today received papers to say the case is going to court on 15th June !!! It says they have to pay £25 by 6th May. It says I have to provide a signed witness statement in support of my defence at least 14 days prior to the date. I'm in a bit of a quandry in view of the Beavis Appeal ruling, what do you think? x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X