• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court claim form. No PCN received.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court claim form. No PCN received.

Hi
    I have just received a county court claim form for two parking violations from Oct & Nov 2021, for which I never received the original PCNs.
    I moved home in Nov 2020 and the CC claim forms had been delivered to my old address. The very kind elderly lady living there now hand delivered these to me today saying these looked like 'official letters.'
    I suspect the PCNs and recovery letters must have also been sent to the previous address and thats why I never received them. My license and VRN both have my current address. Given that they never bothered to check address can I enter a defence saying I was never given the opportunity to pay initial amount?
    Thanks!

Tags: None

Originally posted by Polka_dot View Post
    Hi
    I have just received a county court claim form for two parking violations from Oct & Nov 2021, for which I never received the original PCNs.
    I moved home in Nov 2020 and the CC claim forms had been delivered to my old address. The very kind elderly lady living there now hand delivered these to me today saying these looked like 'official letters.'
    I suspect the PCNs and recovery letters must have also been sent to the previous address and thats why I never received them. My license and VRN both have my current address. Given that they never bothered to check address can I enter a defence saying I was never given the opportunity to pay initial amount?
    Thanks!
    Could you clarify?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

Could you clarify?
      Her words...not sure what she was thinking but clearly she felt she had to bring this to my attention.
      Would appreciate any help on the query. Thanks

Comment

Her words...not sure what she was thinking but clearly she felt she had to bring this to my attention.
        Would appreciate any help on the query. Thanks
        What exactly are the official letters?
        I for one cannot help without knowing details.
        Redacted copies would help, as would redacted copies of any Notices (front & rear), plus a decent photo of site sign t&c's.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

What exactly are the official letters?
          I for one cannot help without knowing details.
          Redacted copies would help, as would redacted copies of any Notices (front & rear), plus a decent photo of site sign t&c's.
          Sorry, my mistake, didn't make it clear in my first post.
          The letters are County Court Claim Forms. Claimant is UK Car Park Management Ltd. and their solicitors are Gladstone.
          Will try and post redacted copies but think these are pretty standard format.
          Thanks

Comment

Sorry, my mistake, didn't make it clear in my first post.
            The letters are County Court Claim Forms. Claimant is UK Car Park Management Ltd. and their solicitors are Gladstone.
            Will try and post redacted copies but think these are pretty standard format.
            Thanks
            Also I spoke to the court y'day to explain that I have only received these letters, issued on 8th and 9th of March, on the 22nd, and official advised to send in an acknowledgement of service by 28 March and ask for extension and file in defence by 11 April.

I'm wondering if in light of the letters being sent to wrong address, I can make a defence and ask for the amount to be reduced i.e. given the opportunity to pay the initial PCN amount as I never received the letters before claim.

Thanks

Comment

Also I spoke to the court y'day to explain that I have only received these letters, issued on 8th and 9th of March, on the 22nd, and official advised to send in an acknowledgement of service by 28 March and ask for extension and file in defence by 11 April.

I'm wondering if in light of the letters being sent to wrong address, I can make a defence and ask for the amount to be reduced i.e. given the opportunity to pay the initial PCN amount as I never received the letters before claim.

Thanks
              Only if you are ok with admitting liability.
              There's no guarantee that they will revert to the discounted amount, though.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X