• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form from County Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim form from County Court

Hi,

I received a claim form in the post about a parking contravention from 2019. I actually wasn't the driver at the time so I went on to bin the letters that i received, the person is now living abroad and i'm not actually in contact with them. I havent kept any of the letters that i received from DCB legal ltd,(debt collection) the contravention happened in a UKPC car park i havent even seen photos of this as when i received the following letters i went on to bin them. Not actually thinking that four years later they would send a claim form from the county court. I am planning on defending this, so wasn't sure if the defence that i wast the driver is applicable or if i need to start from the top i.e requesting pictures and that the offence actually took place.

what should i do ?
    Tags: None

duplicate post
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

My first time posting here, did i post on the correct forum first time round

Comment

point to note - my parking offence was in Scotland at the time the vehicle would have been registered to an address up there, however i have now moved to england, and the letter of claim was sent to my address in England. Should i contest jurisdiction while doing the acknowledgement of service ?

Comment

Hi mate what was the outcome? Generally appeal against the courts and see there but if you don't or ignore them you become guilty. I'm in a similar situation myself.

Comment

live in England thats your jurisdiction now not in the past = where a case can be heard.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X