• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim form - Parking Control Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim form - Parking Control Management

Good eveing all,

Newbie here and will appreciate all the help.

I used to park my 2nd car in a residents parking controlled by Parking Control Management with the number plates off. There was no visible VIN number on the car, therefore it could not be identified.

They only bother with our parking near the renewal month, as everyone's renewal is at the same time (about 20 parking spaces).

Last year i received a couple of PCNs via postal mail out of the blue. There has never been a PCN stuck on the car. Basically the PCNs showed a picture of the car driving into the enterance of the block. You can clearly see the buildings opposite of our block and car in between the entrance posts. For the "breach" part they took pictures of the car without the number plates at some random different times (3/4am).
    Both pictures are miles apart, the photo with the number plate shows the car not parked and daylight time, different back ground (as mentioned) and the "breach" photos show car parked next to a bunch of bushes. Furthermore, the breach pictures are time stamped but the number plates ones are not (when the vehicle was entering the block).

On 05 March 22, I received a claim from from county court buiness centre dated 7 Feb 22! Claimant being Parking Control Management and address for sending documents and payments is Gladstones Solicitors.

This car was registered to a different address and all the letters went there. Luckily, I was able to AoS and have stated that I will like to put my mitigation through and that I want to contest it. I was under the impression that the burden of proof is with the claimant and that they will need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that both cars are the same.

I have looked at the lease and there is nothing about 1 car per household, but loose mentions of car park and the fact that the lease holder has to comply with Landlord's reasonable regulation re the car park which they might change time to time!

I have had some feedback from a different forum.
    They have stated that these claims are more about balance of probabilities, and it looks more likely that the judge will decide against me.

Can I kindly ask for your opinions please?
    What options do I have? What can I put in my mitigation? Will I be able to go with the burden of proof angle? If not, can there be any thing else that I might be missing?
    Furthermore, they have totalled the bill to about £840, Can I ask for a reduced fine within my mitigation?
    I totally understand that no one here is providing me with legal advice but just an opinion and I am the one making the decision.

I have put in a SAR request to PCM and am awaiting their response.

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Tags: None

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16qovzulab...inson.pdf?dl=0 for the extra charges

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X