• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal County Court Claim for parking ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Legal County Court Claim for parking ticket

Hi,

I received a County Court Claim for £285.52 in respect of a Parking Charge Notice re NForce Parking Management when I went to Bakewell with my sister 16/02/2019. I had no knowledge of the parking ticket until I started receiving letters from Trace Debt Recovery demanding £160.00. I was not given any photographic evidence and I know my sister paid for the parking ticket. I took her to Bakewell for the day as she was terminally ill with cancer and it was on her bucket list of places to see.

I have acknowledged the claim but I now need to draft my defence, please could someone give me advice as to what to put in my defence. I tried to attach the POC but an error message pops up stating I am not authorised to do so.

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

For attaching images use a hosting site such as imgur and put the link on here.

Is the V5 document for the car showing the correct address

SAR request to the parking company to get all the docs. But they have 30 to comply

CPR 31.14 request to the solicitors to get all the docs in the claim. The template us for debt claims so not all paragraphs apply

templates in Shortcuts panel on this page

Comment

Yes it is the correct address, although, there is another road with the same name across the other side of the city where I live that sometimes gets muddled with ours.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Your defence will include that you did not receive previous correspondence

Comment

Hi I had a response from BW Legal, they said they will take the case to court or I can pay the debt by tomorrow and arrange for it to be paid by instalments.

Nforce parking management provided the parking charge notice I never received, but BW legal have not provided the terms and conditions, contract nor details of the recovery costs.

Please can you advise if I should just pay the costs or battle it out?

Comment

Hi, is anyone able to assist with my last thread please?

Comment

Please can anyone provide some advice on my thread?

Comment

Can I ask how you got on with this please? I have a similar situation that I never had anything from the car park ran by ncp and the first I heard of it was from trace and it has since been passed onto bw legal,im still in dispute but think I'm going to take my chance with court as I'm certainly not paying it,I may have paid the original fee but I did actually pay to park which I have proved

Comment

Originally posted by 2iturbo View Post
                  Can I ask how you got on with this please? I have a similar situation that I never had anything from the car park ran by ncp and the first I heard of it was from trace and it has since been passed onto bw legal,im still in dispute but think I'm going to take my chance with court as I'm certainly not paying it,I may have paid the original fee but I did actually pay to park which I have proved
                  start your own thread please and others will respond.

Comment

I already have,was just asking how you got on that's all

Comment

I have received a notice from debt recovery plus - first I have heard of a parking charge (nothing else received on this) - it is for parking with no permit in a small local shopping retail area. They are requesting £170.00 and said I have not responded to previous letters (I've never received any previous correspondence from anybody relating to this) - the date of the parking charge was apparently first week in January 2023 and DCP issued this notice on the penultimate day of February 2023. I've not received any photographic evidence of anything and this is nearly 2 months ago, I use this retail area very frequently and after informing my friend today she advised that she was aware that a number of people appear to have been issued with these demands and directed me to a local neighbourhood app where people exchange experiences. It would appear from this neighbourhood app that a number of people have been issued with an actual parking notice which I've never received. This has meant that I've been unable to appeal as some of these people have against the allegation and indeed successfully. How should I take this forward I'm slightly confused as some sites say to ignore these letters and but I'm concerned as I've never appealed due to having no knowledge of this until now does this mean that my right to appeal is extinguished by the fact that I've never received any previous correspondence - surely that isn't right? - sorry I'm not sure either if I'm starting my own thread here or not - if not can someone please help me to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyspice View Post
                        I have received a notice from debt recovery plus - first I have heard of a parking charge (nothing else received on this) - it is for parking with no permit in a small local shopping retail area. They are requesting £170.00 and said I have not responded to previous letters (I've never received any previous correspondence from anybody relating to this) - the date of the parking charge was apparently first week in January 2023 and DCP issued this notice on the penultimate day of February 2023. I've not received any photographic evidence of anything and this is nearly 2 months ago, I use this retail area very frequently and after informing my friend today she advised that she was aware that a number of people appear to have been issued with these demands and directed me to a local neighbourhood app where people exchange experiences. It would appear from this neighbourhood app that a number of people have been issued with an actual parking notice which I've never received. This has meant that I've been unable to appeal as some of these people have against the allegation and indeed successfully. How should I take this forward I'm slightly confused as some sites say to ignore these letters and but I'm concerned as I've never appealed due to having no knowledge of this until now does this mean that my right to appeal is extinguished by the fact that I've never received any previous correspondence - surely that isn't right? - sorry I'm not sure either if I'm starting my own thread here or not - if not can someone please help me to do so.
                        Note crazyspice has now started own thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X