• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

General question on defence regarding court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General question on defence regarding court claim

Had my court papers, filed my acknowledgement and just working up my defence.

In a nutshell.

Parked in an office car park as usual, apparently where the vehicle was parked wasnt an allocated space (no signs previously saying not to park in that particular location - it was s gravel area at the end of a normal run). (there are signs there now)

There was a permit visible in the car (and no other issues in the 2 years It was parked there).

The claim when it arrived was for " no permit" . My original defence back to the company and then their solicitors was " The vehicle had a full and valid permit for the car park, please show evidence of the vehicle with no permit".
    Of course theyve been unable to show any evidence just a grainy shot of the vehicle in a car park which doesnt show anything. And have pretty much just ignored my requests.

So my argument has always been, the car had a permit, you;re telling me it didn't. Not that I wasnt parked in a valid bay, just literally "no permit".

just after some general advice on how to word my defence, it seems pretty cut and dried - they have no evidence that can show the car was parked incorrectly, no signs taken on the day and no photo showing the car with no permit

I've got another couple of weeks to file my defence formally.

Am quite happy to turn up to court on this, worst case I lose (somehow) and have to pay their ridiculously inflated sum (£247.10) but rich for a free car park but there you go I've read a fair bit on that topic!

Any suggestions gratefully received as to how to word my defence. Sounds like inittially I need a formal request for evidence?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

This is an easy defence .. .. "I had a valid permit, it was displayed correctly" Then send a copy of the permit in the defence bundle.
    I hope you are not telling porkies and really did have a permit displayed. Just because they have not sent you a picture showing your dashboard/windscreen does not mean they don't have one and won't produce it in court.
    They have a habit of doing this, it lures suckers into not paying, thinking they can win a case on a technicality and they end up getting paid even more in court when they produce their ace (a new bundle of photos clearly showing no permit is displayed).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X