• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Met pcn now letter from drp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met pcn now letter from drp

I received a PCN from MET Parking for £50 back in June for over-staying in Macdonalds at Fosse Park Leicester by 19 minutes. ( I was in the restaurant with my children and just lost track of time, what with it being so busy, the play area and the Ipads etc!)

I sent a letter using a template from Martin Lewis' website. They responded asking me to pay up or appeal to POPLA. I appealed and they rejected it in September and increased the charge to £100.

I missed the deadline to pay this due to holiday, sickness and other factors and today received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus asking for £170 (!) by 6th November. If I don't pay it they will... "recommend to our client (Met Parking) that they take court action against you."

Firstly, what is the likelihood of MET taking me to court?
    second, what is the best course of action now? I do not want to pay £170 for over staying by a few minutes.

Please help!

You ignore DRP, they can do nothing.

Has the driver been identified? If not then edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver.... " etc

Post the suitably redacted PCN but leave dates

Comment

I think I have inadvertently dropped myself in it during my initial response. I didn't realise at the time how vital it was to not identify yourself. I mentioned about the entry signs not being so visible whilst I was driving.
      PCN attatched
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like Met have got their act together and got it almost right. The failure is period of parking. Can't be parking if you are moving in front of a camera.

Appeal on the basis of unclear signs and not visible, the time of parking was not 109 minutes as the car was still moving, the remaining time was well within the grace periods required by their Code of Practise and therefore you can not be held liable

They will reject but you will possibly be successful with a POPLA appeal

Comment

That's a great point. I have however appealled to Popla and been rejected. The latest is the letter from DRP. Can I still make any argument now I am at this stage?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't see the mention of POPLA.

Noting you can do now expect sit tight and ignore the debt collector letters and wait for a letter before claim.

Look up the BPA Code of Practise and see what it says about grace periods.

Have you complained to the manager ar McD?

Comment

Yes but only today and they said there is nothing they can do.
              Any idea the likleyhood of MET taking it further?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy28 View Post
                Yes but only today and they said there is nothing they can do.
                Any idea the likleyhood of MET taking it further?
                I'm with you Snowy, I too received the letter from DRP with a due date for payment of X Nov (14 days after date of issue).

I too lost track of time with kids and I too inadvertently identified myself as the driver

What are you going to do next? Play hard ball with them or pay?

Out of interest, my reply from McDs was as below:

Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services.

I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our X restaurant.

We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.

We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.

Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.

If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.

Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                  Sorry, I didn't see the mention of POPLA.

Noting you can do now expect sit tight and ignore the debt collector letters and wait for a letter before claim.

Look up the BPA Code of Practise and see what it says about grace periods.

Have you complained to the manager ar McD?
                  Am I too late to appeal to POPLA if my Parking Charge Notice was issued on 09 May 2019 and I've already appealed to MET Parking Services who didn't accept my appeal as I was over the 28 day appeal period (because I hadn't, at that point, updated my address with DVLA. It is updated now).

I attach here the wording of their response to my appeal.
                  Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X