• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gladstone’s Letter Before Court Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladstone’s Letter Before Court Action

Hello My son received a letter before court action from Gladstones today.

Background; He is a college student who has to pay for parking on college grounds. He purchased the permit as required in September last year but omitted to display the permit. He then last October received a PCN in the post for ‘parking without a permit’ although the ‘offence’ was 3 weeks after the purchase date.

Without admitting who the driver was he appealed stating that the car was in fact permitted and this could be confirmed by the College. No response was received other than an acknowledgement.

Since then we have had the various letters from the debt collection agencies which we have ignored and now have the letter from Gladstones.

Grateful for best advice on what to write back.

Happy to post anything else here which may help.

Thanks in adavance.
    Tags: None

Hello,
    I think the best thing to do is gather any evidence to prove that the permit was paid for, and send it to Gladstones. Also it would be good to get the college to confirm in writing that the permit had been paid for. This added evidence could help to get debt cleared.
    I am a law student undertaking work experience on the LegalBeagles forum. My advice is from my own experience only and is given without liability. If in any doubt, please contact a regulated and insured legal professional to seek further advice.

Comment

That post was nearly 9 months ago

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X