• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal - Court Proceedings/ Mediation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Legal - Court Proceedings/ Mediation

Hello,
    I'm really hopeful that someone may be able to help me, I've been battling a parking ticket with BW Legal since the start of the year. They have now threatened to take me to court, but I refuse to pay such an astronomical fine when they are still yet to provide proof that I was the driver or that the car stayed over the limit.
    I have filled a defence to the claim and agreed to mediation, but now BW Legal will only consider mediation if I pay in full or set up a payment plan. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or knows what o do next as I have been following the advise from "money saving expert" but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.
    Do BW Legal tend to win cases when they get to court? What should I do next? If anyone can provide any help I'd really appreciate it as I feel completely lost and at a dead end to it, I will pay it if it comes down to it but its just so infuriating that they are trying to charge someone over £250 for a parking ticket!
    Thank you in advance.
    Evie
    Tags: None

So we need some more information in order to help. They can claim from the keeper if they do not know the identity of the driver, but only if they jump through the hoops of POFA. Here's the legislation

Post up the PCN suitably redacted but leave dates.

Post up an anonymised version of your defence

They can only charge the keeper for the original parking charge amount + nominal court costs.

It sounds as though a claim has already been issued by the courts. I don't understand your comment about mediation.

Comment

Hello,
      Thank you for getting back to me.
      Yes there has already been a claim issues by the courts, its currently at the mediation stage which I have agreed to for now but I'm unsure how to proceed. Does that mean if it goes to court they are only able to charge for the initial £100 + court fees?

The PCN - Failed to validate stay or make valid payment - date of notice is 25th September 2017.- £100 fee (this has now increased to £247.

I have uploaded my defence.

Please let me know if you need anything else and thank you so much for your help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for getting back to me.
        Yes there has already been a claim issues by the courts, its currently at the mediation stage which I have agreed to for now but I'm unsure how to proceed. Does that mean if it goes to court they are only able to charge for the initial £100 + court fees?

The PCN - Failed to validate stay or make valid payment - date of notice is 25th September 2017.- £100 fee (this has now increased to £247.

I have uploaded my defence.

Please let me know if you need anything else and thank you so much for your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X