• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW legal court paperwork - Napier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW legal court paperwork - Napier

hi - my wife has received court paperwork this morning from BW legal - please what is best response. Unfortunately we did not read any forums etc first and my wife has already apologised for parking to a private car park . We were unaware of any restriction as there was limited signage present. This is an area of land that we have parked on many times before, then all of a sudden restriction ! from were we parked we did not see any signs and there was no road markings. She explained all of this and appeal - but still no joy. can someone please advise
    Tags: None

Did you receive a response refusing your appeal ?

Have you actually received a court claim this morning ? or a letter before claim ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

they refused the appeal -
      it is court paperwork from Northampton county court.
      they last letter sated they may proceed to court and was not a letter before claim

Comment

sorry yes and received this morning

Comment

Ok, had you replied to their previous letter ? ( did it say to contact within x days to avoid court etc )
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

no reply and previous letter just same as other ie - if you fail to pay we may proceed with court action

Comment

Ok - we'll, your first step is to acknowledge the claim - do it. Through money claim online and tick the intend to defend in full box - You don't need to write any defence at this stage it simply gives you more time to obtain the relevant information and decide whether you want to defend or whether you want to settle the claim.

Then if you can post up copies of the original PCN the appeal any replies and the letters you've had from BW legal , And the claim form, make sure you retract any personal information we can have a look and see what's best for you to do.

Presumably you don't want to get a CCJ against you wrecking your credit file for the next six years. So it's a matter of seeing if you do have a defence and if not how to get the case settled Out of court.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

ok thank you - at teh moment i did not save any of the old paperwork, so thinking settle out of court route might be the most pain less. do i contact BW legal direct for this?
                will discuss with my wife tonight and post court letter for review

Comment

Yes you'd contact BW to pay and then, once done, complete the court form to say it has been paid.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Tired to settle out of court but they are refusing to accept any lower payment . Or open a month plan based on our finances. Looks like I will have dispute and defend in court. Any advice please

Comment

You will automatically be given the opportunity of free mediation via the court's Mediation Service later on in the proceedings.

For now, acknowledge the claim. (Tick 'defend in full' but do not enter any dialogue in the 'Defence' box.)

Send a CPR 31.14 request asap to the solicitors for all documents etc that they will rely on in court. (+ some other stuff.)
                      We can help you with that.

& do not miss the defence deadline.....33 days from the issue date of the court claim.

Could you post up a picture of the site sign?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X