• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ for Parking Ticket - Assistance needed!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CCJ for Parking Ticket - Assistance needed!

    Received a claim? Yes/No: Yes
    Issue Date: 2nd Oct 2018
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes
    Total Amount Claimed: £246.97
    Claimant’s Name: UK Car Park Management
    Solicitors Firm: Gladstones Solicitors

    Particulars of Claim:
    The driver of the Vehicle registration **** *** (the Vehicle) incurred the parking charge(s) on 26/09/2017 for breaching the terms of parking on the land at *********(address).
    The defendant was driving the vehicle and/or is the keeper of the vehicle.
    £160 for Parking Charges/Damages and indemnity costs if applicable, together with interest of £11.97 pursuant to s69 of the Count Courts Act 1984 at 8% pa, continuing to Judgment at 0.04 per day

    'The driver' received a parking ticket 26/09 for failing to show a valid residents parking permit. We are residents & there was a residents parking permit in the window but it had recently expired 31/08. The Claimant had recently upgraded their resident parking permits starting on 1st Sept 2017 but there was a delay in us receiving the new permits due to postage issues.

    Unfortunately we was advised to ignore all previous correspondence so we disposed of any paperwork regarding this Claim other than the County Court Claim Form. Sent CPR to Gladstones 15/10/18 to request their evidence & we are yet to receive a reply.
    We have acknowledged the claim & intend to defend ourself in court. We would like some advice on what to do next in regards to getting a defence together & also what to do incase Gladstone fail to respond with their evidence

    Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated....
    Last edited by SupaDupa; 19th October 2018, 19:05:PM.
    Tags: None

  • #2
    SAR to UKCPM requesting all the documents that they have.

    This would appear to be residential. What does the lease say about parking? Does it require the display of a permit or payment to a third party of you don't.

    Gladstones are on a robot claim process and will not have any paperwork. Write back to them again demanding all the documents that they intend to use in court in order to narrow the issues between the parties. You require them withinn 7 days as they must have them in hand in order to perform due diligence before issuing the claim.

    Your defence will be be:
    no requirement to display a permit
    There can be no contract with a third party stranger to the lease.
    The signs are not offering anything that you already have in your lease

    Have a read of this


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


    No announcement yet.

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    upgrade to vip

    Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

    only £15/yr

    Offers available. No subscription traps.

    sign up now

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm