• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Parking patrol office Claim form received

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UK Parking patrol office Claim form received

    I would appreciate any help possible to defend a claim received from UK Parking Patrol via Gladstones solicitors. It dates from 21st Jan 2016 and although it does relate to a car park the car was parked in I don't remember getting a ticket and other than a letter from Gladstones received in July 2018 I've had no other correspondence. The correspondence is all addressed to my partner as they are the registered keeper, but it was someone else that parked. have attached the documents received so far. Have filed an acknowledgement of service via the moneyclaim service. Click image for larger version  Name:	resized 3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	1426670Click image for larger version  Name:	resized 2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	1426671
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Just seeing if I can get any help with this? Really don't know where to start?! I have travelled back to the car park where the ticket was originally issued and taken some photos, but I'm not sure if it looks the same as it did back in January 2016 know. Should i be asking to see the claimants evidence? Any help would be massively appreciated!


    • #3
      Has the keeper still got the Notice to Keeper that was first received


      • #4
        Thanks for your response Ostell, much appreciated. The keeper doesn't have the Notice to keeper that was first received. I have now received a Judgment for claimant (in default) for £294.04 despite me filing an acknowledgement of service. It states the name of the keeper as my partner still but has my date of birth on it. The Judgment states that if you did reply to the claim form and beleive judgment has been entered wrongly (I submitted an aknowledgement of service and stated that I wanted to defend the claim) I can apply for it to be set aside. Just don't really know what i can do?!


        • #5
          How did you acknowledge and to who? Did you submit a defence before day 33 from date of issue?


          • #6
            I acknowledge through the money claim website on the 19th September - looks like the 33 days passed and i hadn't submitted my defence as the judgement was issued on the 24th October


            • #7
              this is what the money claim portal says...

              Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 24/09/2018 at 09:33:32

              Your acknowledgment of service was received on 24/09/2018 at 12:01:56

              A judgment was issued against you on 24/10/2018 at 19:08:52


              • #8
                If you get it paid before 28 days from judgment it won't be entered on the register against you for 6 years.

                Dont know the date of issue - but it's 33 days from date of issue to defend if you have acknowledged the claim and seems you well overshot on the deadline. It'd cost you£255 to apply to set aside the judgment now so not much less than it would to pay it.

                We may not win by protesting, but if we don't protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
                Hetty Bower

                Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

                Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps


                View our Terms and Conditions

                LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

                If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

                If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.