• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel parking fine - bought ticket input wrong reg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel parking fine - bought ticket input wrong reg

Hi,
    Back in June 2015 I was driving the car that is registered in my husbands name. i parked up at the Peel centre in Stockport ran to get a ticket as it was raining (I even remember buying the ticket) and in the rush i must have input the wrong car reg. a few weeks later my husband receives a fine of £60 from Excel for not purchasing a ticket! From advice from others we totally ignored all correspondence and didn't acknowledge the fine.
    it has now got to the point where a company called BW Legal are threatening court action.
    I sent them the following letter....
    I refer to the Parking Charge Notice that has been issued by your company for an alleged breach of parking regulations at the above site. I deny that I am liable to pay this charge to your company.

I am advised that the charges are unenforceable in English law as they do not reflect any possible loss that you or your client have suffered as a result of any alleged breach of parking restrictions by me. I refer you to the case of Excel Parking Services v Hetherington-Jakeman decided in the Mansfield County Court in March 2008 when the judge found that excessive parking charges were unenforceable. Clearly the amount being charged by your company is excessive and cannot be justified.

I make it clear that I will not be making payment to your company and will defend any proceedings that you may institute to recover the sum that you allege is due and owing.

I do not expect to receive any further letters from your company or any debt collection agency or solicitors instructed by you. If I do receive such communication I will consider that this amounts to harassment and will seek to recover damages from you under Section 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act. I refer you to the case of Ferguson v British Gas Trading Limited [2009] EWCA Civ 46.

I have recieved a response from them still demanding the money and threatening court action.
    I know I bought the ticket although have no proof of this but how can they charge me for not purchasing a ticket when I quite rightly did!!
    Please has anyone any advice on how I can sort this out other than pay them the fine now of £154!!!!
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by married2014; 24th March 2016, 13:35:PM. Reason: mistake
    Tags: None

Re: Excel parking fine - bought ticket input wrong reg

Sadly, once you go passed the appeal stages the machine keeps rolling. Absent a court case you just have to ignore. The peel centre signage, fails to meet the standard laid down in Beavis so getting photos would be a good idea just in case they try court.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X