• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice rejection from IAS.org

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice rejection from IAS.org

Hi
    This is my first post although I have been active in trying to get my parking charge notice overturned with no success, their seems to be no impartiality with any of these private PPCs and adjudication bodies, having just read the RAC foundation.org and its damning response its open season now since this Parking Eye v Beavis case, they just quote the case with a retort of Pay UP.
    My case was Parking out of marked Bay 18 inches with a works van, an urgent order required from staples, so no time to waste parking properly, in a free car park, with plenty of empty spaces around me. In- (Paid for goods) and Out in 15 min. But I was observed and ticketed in 5 min. I did not even realise I had a ticket until my DTM pointed it out the next day. So it was Driver's responsibility.
    How Can the IAS be impartial if they are not allowing any mitigating circumstances to be used.
    So I have decided to let the 14 days run out, if they want the money they are going to have to take me to court, I have been told it's a 50/50 whether they decide whether I'm worth the trouble, only we have had a bit of a purge on at the moment in the Exeter Retail Park, as its been redesigned, I have written to Staples Head Office with no reply, The local paper were very helpful, and a few have been let off, that were innocent. But the email I received from the Management company Colliers@elogbooks.co.uk was very dismissive, a case of you were in the wrong and all the signs are legal so pay up.
    I am aware to keep all correspondence in leu of the court case.
    If there is anything more I can do I would be glad of any help.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice rejection from IAS.org

So what stage are you actually at? It sounds like you've tried the independence of the IAS. Which PPC was it.? Go into the Staples branch that you used and have a go at the manager. Is there any other similar shops that you can use?

Parking Eye v Beavis is not the be all and end all if handled correctly. It was for staying past the allowed time and not for over the line so probably not applicable in your case.

Comment

Go into the Staples branch that you used and have a go at the manager.
      Pretty much all you have left apart from waiting for court.

M1

Comment

ostell Hi from smaddy54
        Yes I did go and have a go at the very young manager, He was very apologetic and did try and get the ticket cancelled but to no avail, Having hit a brick wall he even rang his head office and was told to "not get involved or its your job". I have had no reply from Staples head office from the email I sent them. I think they are worried the rent will go up as its a new landowner, and the site has been completely revamped. I have some jpegs if you are interested.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X