• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PNC 14 days+, despite claim Notice to Keeper was sent. Parking app / payment issues.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNC 14 days+, despite claim Notice to Keeper was sent. Parking app / payment issues.

Hi there

Apologies if someone has already asked similar questions, but there are so many threads on here, it is easy to get lost. The company in question is an IPC member. I'm planning to make an appeal and could do with advice on this.

Yesterday, I received a Keeper Liability Notice via the post to advise that I am now liable for an outstanding parking charge of £100. This states that the Notice to Keeper was issued 5 days after the parking incident. To date, I have not received a Notice to Keeper letter, and yesterday's letter was the first I was aware of any parking charge. I am planning to appeal this, for reasons I will explain below, but wanted to check if this would be exceptional grounds for the company to consider my appeal (as this is now outside of the 21-day period)? The letter sent recently was not sent recorded and although it was dated 24th October, did not arrive until 31st October. I imagine it is difficult for either party to prove either way if the notice was received?

I was planning to pay by cash or card for speed (literally a train to catch) when I arrived, but after parking my car, I realised there were no machines to make a payment. I literally had a train to catch, so I opted to download the app to make a purchase, which took absolutely ages to load. By the time it had loaded, I had to pick up my tickets and board my train. Once settled in my seat, I tried to complete payment for my parking (I have a colleague who witnessed my frustration about this!), but encountered endless issues trying to add a payment method, and even after this payment wouldn't go through because of connection issues. In the end, I finally made a payment to cover a 24-hour period, but this was 90 minutes after I had actually parked my car and after the 10-minute grace period. The App gave no option to start my parking session at an earlier time, to cover myself. When I was on the train, I had no option to call, due to a poor mobile signal. have an invoice, email, and screen grab from the app to prove this. I've seen plenty of incidents of people receiving charges because they have exceeded the grace period and have not made a payment for additional parking, but none for a case like this when someone has made a valid payment (just covering a different time period).

In addition to the issues with payment, I also feel that signage is inadequate at the site. Whilst there is a Terms and Conditions board (I visited the site today to take photos) and could only find one), this is facing away from where I was parking (and the majority of other vehicles). Tariff information boards are far more prominent and numerous on the site and do not remind customers to read the Terms & Conditions. On checking the Terms and Conditions board, this is not placed at eye level and is in a small font, which makes it difficult to read for someone with pretty good eyesight. I can provide photos if that helps in any way.

I'm sorry if I have waffled on here and provided too much information, but this is my first time appealing a parking charge and I want to get it right.

Thanks

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X