• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking charge notice issues over 60 days of incident.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking charge notice issues over 60 days of incident.

I've received a Parking Charge Notice by a newly formed company (Formed early this year) which is also owned by the Landlord of the site where the offence took place.
    The Parking company have recently sent through a flurry of these for parking in a parking space allocated to a business which is closed at the weekend but opposite the business i was visiting. (Total stay time just over an hour). I believe they also own and rent out the building which I was visiting.
    The business i was visiting has some allocated parking about 4 spaces but they all get filled up.
    My first approach was to contact the landowner and appeal to them but as they own the parking company too then i'm thinking they have no desire to do anything.

Given the parking company are a member of the ICP am i right in thinking that their tems state that a notice must be issued within 28 days of the event.
    If i appeal it should i state the IPC rules or use the standard template of:

Dear Sirs,
    I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc
    We've received a couple of these now for different dates. Also a fair number of people have also received for visiting the same place at the weekend.
    Is it worth trying to fight the one which is in date? Or should I just suck it up and pay it.

Thank you for reading.
    Tags: None

If there was no windscreen ticket AND the notice was received after day 14 then send that appeal

Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. The driver is always liable.

Here is POFA that can make the keeper liable: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...dule/4/enacted

Comment

Thank you for the advice. Silly question but I see no option to edit a post? I can't see an edit option anywhere.

Comment

Should be in the blue line at the bottom, towards the right

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X