• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN issued more than 14 days after incident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN issued more than 14 days after incident

Hi guys, I received a PCN in the post, from NCP, this being the 1st notice of the incident that I have received.

Date of incident: 4th June
    Date of sending notice: 19th July
    Date of receiving notice: 21st July

As far as I know, they have no legal right to charge the registered keeper (me) if the notice is issued more than 14 days after the incident, and I have no obligation to supply the details of the driver at the time of the incident. I'd just like someone to confirm this for me and maybe, if you're feeling generous, compile the information into a block of legal jargon that'll hold up better with the dispute department.

Here is a scan of the notice i received

https://imgur.com/oMcdZ0X

https://imgur.com/CiQWjWF
    Tags: None

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

First class post with free certificate of posting from a post office

They will reject but POPLA appeal should be successful, esp6when you add in no period of parking. The times moving in front of a camera cannot, by definition, be parking

Comment

Hi, im just wondering whether you were succesful with appealing your fine to NCP? I've had the same issue with it being after 14 days when I recieved it so I'm not sure whether to appeal or pay it. Thankyou

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X