• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Euro parking services - Grace period?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro parking services - Grace period?

Hi there, my friend received a parking charge notice on his windscreen. The period of parking on the ticket shows he was only there for 3 minutes so I'm wondering if I a grace period even exists with these signs .Pictures of the ticket and sign are below.
    Tags: None

Comment

So he writes an appeal from the keeper so that it arrives on day 26 after parking. Use anything for the appeal, unclear signs, prohibiting signs (they are). Do not, at any time, identify the driver. There is no legal requirement to identify the driver.

He gives his name and address so that it is slightly different from the details given on the V5 document but not so different that a response wouldn't be delivered. Say Grean instead of Green and similar.

The PPC cannot apply for the keepers details till day 28 so when they get the letter they save £2.50 and do not contact the DVLA for details but write to your friend refusing his appeal. However they have until day 56 to send him a Notice to Keeper and failure to send one or outside the 56 days means they cannot hold your friend liable as the keeper. They also have to contact the DVLA for keeper details and failure to do that also makes them also not able to claim from the keeper. That's why the modified address so that he can tell if the DVLA has been contacted.

This is IPC so no point in appealing to the second stage of the IAS.

The plan has worked, within the last couple of weeks.

Comment

So theoretically if the driver misspells the road name and puts errors in the postcode which don't actually exist. Royal mail would send the NTK back to euro and they wouldn't be able to get it to the keeper within time, freeing the keeper of liability.

How come the grace period doesn't apply? Shouldn't there be at least 10 minutes for the driver to read and understand the signs and then be able to leave?

Comment

I didn't say errors in the post code. The address has still to be deliverable, despite the minor misspelling. They either don't send a NTK or they don;t access the DVLA to get the details. Either is a POFA fail.

Yes there is supposed to be a grace period to read the sign and accept the contract or refuse but do you honestly think that the Parking company will agree to that and lose some money? Far better to set them up for an incontrovertible fail that can be used later on if required.

Comment

Okay I understand, and true they are scumbags who can't even follow their own rules. This method is simple and tricky at the same time, I guess my dates need to be on point. Per usual first class stamp with proof of postage. Theoretically the letter to them will need to arrive to them on the 06/03/19. Thanks Ostell.

Comment

I don't say it will work every time, but it has been know to, at least it's a simple first try.

There are other matter that could be brought into, such as prohibitive in that it for pre authorised vehicles and there is no offer of parking for non authorised vehicles. Save that for POPLA.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X