• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

'PCN' from London Parking Solutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'PCN' from London Parking Solutions

Correct. I guess the IPC would file your complaint in the bin too.

M1

Comment

I copied in twat@paymypcn.com too:

Sir or Madam

Thank you for your communication of 12 May in which you claim that your client had received no valid dispute. However, your letter was sent whilst the window for sending same was still open, and therefore (whereof any importance at all appends to your communications) it has no validity whatsoever.

Indeed, as I have appealed within the time frame as stipulated by your client, you and your client are in breach of the IPC Code of Practice. In addition, FYI I am the legal occupier of the land and do not owe a penny.

Please therefore amend your records accordingly, and write back to me confirming the position as set out above, and apologizing to me for your error. If you continue to harass me with debt collection letters such as the example to which I refer, I will not hesitate to take action against you and your client as appropriate.

Regards.

Comment

Here's the latest back from UCS, the debt collector. They're wrong about this. The email we have in this thread at #16 clearly states the time limit as 'on or before 12 May' and I sent the appeal around 5pm on that day. So ******** to ... this:

Thank you for your email.
        For the avoidance of doubt, we have been instructed by our Client, in relation to an outstanding Parking Charge Notice (“PCN”) numbered 2533549 which was issued by our Client on 11/03/2015.
        We are advised by our Client that upon the issue of the PCN, and in line with the requirements of the relevant Approved Trade Association, of which our Client is a member, a period of time was given in which the recipient was able to make representation against the issue of the PCN. We would confirm that no such representation was received within the specified time period, and so the matter has been passed to us for recovery purposes.
        Full details of our clients claim have been sent to you by them previously.
        We would urge you to contact us on 0333 200 5341 to resolve this matter without the need for further a_ction on our part.
        Kind Regards
        UCS Administration

Comment

Dear numbnuts,

I find your constant threats and lies very disturbing. I am the legal occupier of the land. I gave no permission for anyone to ticket upon the land. Further you are wrong about the date by which i could appeal but in any case as i said i have no need to appeal as there is no contract for your client to operate on the land on which i have occupational rights over.

I remind you of Davey v UKPC, Roberts v BOS, Johnson v BOS and Ferguson v British Gas and inform you and your client that the constant threats upon which you have no basis in law to make are tiresome and costing me time and money to deal with.

Any further threats will be met with a letter before action for yourselves, your client and the parking management company.

Yours etc

CC everyone including the ipc.

M1
          Last edited by mystery1; 15th May 2015, 23:19:PM.

Comment

Will do. Many thanks!

Comment

Should say Ferguson v British gas

M1

Comment

Noted.

Comment

I sent something else before I saw your message above. Here it is plus the response from UCS. If the 'solicitors' angle is a threat, then I guess I can send your note above. Please advise:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

We will refer this to our solicitors who will be in contact.

Kind Regards,

UCS Admin Team

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 8:59 PM, xxxxxxxxx wrote:
                  Good evening.

Thank you in turn for your email.

Pleased be advised
                  that there is no doubt whatsoever on my part in this case. What I have
                  said regarding the matter can be fully substantiated, and I reiterate
                  that your information is incorrect. Accordingly, please revert to your
                  client who, if any genuine importance pertains, should have taken more
                  care in briefing you.

Once you have established the facts, please
                  write back to me confirming same and apologizing to me for your error,
                  for breaching the IPC Code of Practice, and for sending an unwarranted
                  debt collection letter. Please do not send any further letters
                  asserting debt, for as I previously mentioned these are constitutive
                  only of harassment.

Regards.
                  Last edited by mystery1; 18th May 2015, 08:56:AM.

Comment

Give them a few days to reply.

M1

Comment

Hi M1

Thanks.

I checked my emails just to make sure, and the info is there: they gave (for what it's worth) until 'on or before 12 May' for a 'valid' response to be sent, and indeed it was sent at about 5pm. Attached was the lease, and I signed the comms with full name, so I'm pretty sure I fulfilled their requirement. If they are saying that the appeal is invalid, then certainly I have not heard that officially from LPS or the IPC. And I can't infer it from UPC's mail, as it was sent whilst the window of inopportunity was still open, or from anything subsequent, as all comms from them must refer back to their original comments, if you see what I mean.

In other words, I feel fairly relaxed about the whole thing.

Cheers
                      Minxi

Comment

Just received a mysterious phone call from 07944 675 437.

'I have a delivery for you. Are you at home?'

Phone then got cut off by me.

Could this be their solicitors attempting service?

Cheers
                        PB

Comment

Wouldn't have thought so.

M1

Comment

Okay thanks. Maybe I'm just being robbed.

Comment

Hi M1 [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

After all this time I'm in receipt of a letter from a certain Gladstones Solicitors. They are claiming in the letter exactly what was claimed last time, by whoever it was back then, namely that I have not made a valid appeal. As you may recall, I have documented evidence of both the time frame they stipulated, and the (timely) appeal submission itself. Plus all their emailed correspondence. I have no rejection letter or email re said appeal, so I don't think they can say that they have rejected it. It's also a very long time since last I heard from them, as you'll know. Here is the text of their latest letter:

Dear (Minxi plus claimant details)

You have previously been written to by London Parking Solutions Ltd requesting settlement of a parking charge. Due to the absence of payment or a valid appeal against the charge the total amount due to them as shown above (n.b. amount shown is £160).

As all other attempts have failed, our client may now instruct us to take legal action against you in the County Court. To prevent such action, we invite you to make payment immediately or confirm to us in writing your proposals in respect of this debt.

In order to avaoid any further action you should pay the full amount outstanding of £160 within 14 days of this letter.

You can make payment by calling Ultimate Customer Solutions payment line on 03332 005 341.

Please note: the additional costs associated with issuing a claim and the subsequent potential enforcement action could be as follows (these figures are for illustration purposes only and would only apply in the event of Judgement being obtained and subsequently enforced).

Claim issue fee £25
                              Solicitor's Costs for issue of claim: £50
                              Judgement Costs: £25
                              Warrant Issue Fee £100
                              Solicitor's Costs for issue of Warrant: £2.25
                              Total Additional Costs: £202.25

It is important that you understand that if a judgement is registered against you then this could seriously affect your chances of obtaining credit in the future as this information can be made available to any interested parties via the Register of Judgements, Orders and Fines, and will remain there for 6 years.

If you are unsure about anything contained within this letter, you should seek advice from a solicitor or contact one of the following organisations who may be able to help you:

National Debtline, Tricorn House, 51-53 Hagley Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B16 8TP. 0808 808 4000, www.nationaldebtline.co.uk; Consumer Credit Counselling Service, 0800 138 1111, www.cccs.co.uk; Citizens Advice, Check your local Yellow Pages or Thomson Local Directory for address and telephone, www.citizensadvice.org.uk; Commumity Legal Advice (formerly Community Legal Services Direct), 0845 345 4345, www.clsdirect.org.uk

Yours sincerely

Gladstones Solicitors

www.gslcollections.com 1 The Stables Red Cow Yard Knutsford Cheshire WA16 6DG

That's all for now.

Cheers
                              Minxi.
                              Last edited by Minxi; 8th November 2015, 18:20:PM.

Comment

Letter Before Action

Dear Gladstones solicitors,

Thank you for your recent letter of xxxxxx reference xxxxxx the contents of which are noted. Your clients and their various agents have previously been warned that their actions amount to harassment. (exhibits 100,101,102, etc)

I have pointed out that :-

1. I have appealed which has not been answered (exhibit 1)

2. I have paid for the right to occupy the land in question and there is no contractual requirement to display a permit. (exhibit 2)

If, within 14 days of service of this letter, i do not have confirmation that this matter is closed i will lodge court papers without further warning for harassment and trespass upon my paid for space.

I include copies of all threats made by your clients and their agents (exhibits 3,4,5,6 etc)

Yours sincerely

For the exhibits start at 1 and keep going until finished. Mark the copies or name the images to match.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X