• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from MET

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from MET

I'm new here, please be gentle.

My son parked at a McDonald's services on the motorway because he was tired and needed to rest, (it was between 1am-3am). His 3 passengers used the facilities whilst he slept, some weeks later I got a PCN from MET.
    I took some advice and was told "not enforceable, just ignore it" and have therefore not had any correspondence at all.
    well now I've just received a red headed letter from a company called 'debt recovery plus' threatening court action.

Question, hold my nerve or just pay up?

Thanks in anticipation.

- - - Updated - - -

.....should have mentioned that I'm the registered keeper/owner of the car.
    Tags: None

Re: PCN from MET

Did the vehicle not have a ticket placed on it "at the scene of the crime" ? If it did then the Notice to Keeper you got should have been between days 28 & 56 days. If it didn't then it should have been within 14 days.

At this stage, having gone past appeal stage your options are

1. Pay.
    2. Ignore and file.
    3. Name the driver.

I'd do 2 unless a letter before action or court papers show up.

M1

Comment

Re: PCN from MET

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Did the vehicle not have a ticket placed on it "at the scene of the crime" ? If it did then the Notice to Keeper you got should have been between days 28 & 56 days. If it didn't then it should have been within 14 days.

At this stage, having gone past appeal stage your options are

1. Pay.
      2. Ignore and file.
      3. Name the driver.

I'd do 2 unless a letter before action or court papers show up.

M1

Many thanks for the prompt reply,

There was no ticket as it was one of those camera sites, he was photographed on the way in and on the way out.
      I'll need to double check dates of 'offence' and first letter, presumably if it's outside that 14 day window i should just highlight that with the parking police at MET?
      The images were supplied in that first letter and it is my car, no dispute there, our question really was even if they have the evidence and we are not disputing that, can we legally continue to refuse to accept this charge, and what is the likelihood that my wife and I will need to raid my sons piggy-bank for the monies?

Again, many thanks for your valued help and advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X