• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKPC - Parking in a disabled bay.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKPC - Parking in a disabled bay.

Hi, I am a support worker who supports people with Autism, Learning disabilities and other mental health issues, On the day of the offence I was supporting a service user to McDonald's and I parked in the disabled bay (He is registered disabled and has the badges) however, being in such a rush I did not display the badge on the dashboard, When I returned from McDonald's (About 10mins approx) I had a PCN stuck to the windscreen, I decided I would appeal it when I had finished work and had got home, However, when I got home I could not find the PCN ticket, I thought I would just wait until something comes in the post, unfortunately it arrived today 02/06/2016 and I have lost the chance of a discounted rate, the fine is now £70.

I have not contacted them or appealed, they do not know who the driver is, The letter was addressed to the service user I support but due to his disabilities he has no understanding or capacity of this matter, The supporting staff drive his mobility vehicle to help him access the community.

On the UKPC website you can enter the PCN number and view the images taken by the warden, It is clear that the badges are not displayed on the dashboard so I think it would be difficult to use the old ' The wind must have blew them off' trick

I'm after some advice on what to do next, Do I appeal, do I bend over and pay it? What makes me more edgy is that it is not my car, It is a works car / service users car and all the correspondence will go to the service user who has no understanding or capacity due to his disabilities, as mentioned above they don't know who the driver was only who the registered keeper is. But with this being a work environment its a bit different, If it was me personally I'd be giving them the bird and 'sticking it to the man'.

Any advice is welcomed and thank you all in advance!
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: UKPC - Parking in a disabled bay.

First step is to contact the McD manager. Drop in the equality act if required.

M1

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION], Thank you for the quick reply, Please do accept my apologies as I wasn't clear on my original post, The place where I was issued the PCN is a retail park and I believe the bay I was parked in does not belong to McDonald's but to who ever owns the retail park or the land it is on so contacting the McDonald's manager probably wouldn't make a difference, I just parked in that particular bay to access McDonald's.

Thank you.

Comment

The worst that happens is they say no so i'd still do it and contact the landowners if you can trace them.

Appeal along the lines of http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...526#post636526

M1

Comment

Thank you very much M1, I will write to the landowners now, call the McD manager tomo and send in the appeal to UKPC too! I'll update with the progress.

EDIT: I can provide receipts to prove I was a customer on that day, Shall I mention that I have a Blue Badge but forgot to put it on display or just don't mention anything about it at all?

Thanks again!

Comment

Wouldn't say unless it crops up.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X