• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking fine at disused Coop car park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking fine at disused Coop car park

Sorry for hijacking this thread but Ihave had a similar letter to that posted, and similar situation. I moved at the end of March and the letter states I overstayed on 7/4. my DVLA details are now up to date but in the interim they state that they sent a PCN to my old address. The original fine would have been £60 if paid within 14 days, going to up £100 in 28 days. My letter states that I owe £140 and have had a difficult conversation with DRP today with them saying that they are not legally obliged to send me a breakdown of the costs, so in essence I do not know where £140 has come from and they won't tell me! They have sent the photo evidence to me on email, which is fine, I overstayed. But I think if I am willing to pay the £60 fine today, 3 days after finding out about it they won't be able to pursue a case. Am I right? They obviously say not and the whole £140 has to be paid, or 4 monthly instalments of £35. I haven't paid them anything today.

I can't approach the store as it is a disused Co-Op and is sitting empty.

Any advice?

L
    Tags: None

Re: Smart Parking fine at disused Coop car park

Contact the Co-op head office and/or social media pages.

Contact Smart and DRP pointing out you have had no chance to appeal and they know this because you have been contacted at a different address. Don't admit to driving or use "i" "me" "myself" etc always "the driver"

Personally i wouldn't pay anyway and just file all letters and ignore unless court papers arrive if the Co-op don't intervene. Smart may take £60 if you ask them.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X