• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKPC - private land

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKPC - private land

Hi,

I seem to understand that [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] is the go to guy for this, but any help is appreciated.

I live in a flat on so called 'private land', which UKPC have recently taken management of. I have a permit which I place in the car to stop me getting ticketed, for which there are bays for me to park in.

On on two occasions last week (Xmas and new year period) all the bays were full and I had to park on the roadside, both times I was fortunate enough to get a PCN (the signs state no roadway parking).

I have appealed both with UKPC, however when the inevitable happens and they are refused, I was looking for advice on whether I should appeal to POPLA, or whether I should just pay both at the lower rate.

Unfortuntely I appealed both before reading this forum, and although I'm not 100% sure, think I have inferred myself as the driver on both appeals without knowing any better.

Thanks in in advance for any help.

Tom
    Tags: None

Re: UKPC - private land

Really sorry, this seems to have gone in the wrong section.

Comment

Personally i'd appeal to popla but having said that the new popla have been slow to produce many results so it's less than certain how they are deciding appeals until more results are seen.

Keeper liability is a huge issue but if they know the driver that doesn't matter.

M1

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Will return with appeal outcome confirmation when a receive it.

Comment

Since you live there you must have a lease or rental contract. Was does that say about parking? You may already have permission to park within the lease and UKPC can't ursurp that right.

Comment

Unfortunately my flat doesn't come with a 'permanent permit' for a specific space, just a permit that I can use in a 'visitor bay'.

I have taken a photo of the parking sign as noticed on a few other threads that it was asked for.

Thanks again.
            Attached Files

Comment

Is the roadway private land ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                Is the roadway private land ?

M1
                Unfortunately I have no idea. There are 'private land' signs when entering the development but these are, again, UKPC branded. I'd take your advice on whether this is common or uncommon practice.

There are no barriers, it is an open road and drivers are free to come and go as they please.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X