• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Norfolk Parking Enforcement and MJB Hotels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norfolk Parking Enforcement and MJB Hotels

Hello M1 and all !
    I'm new here so please bear with me.

I booked through a 3rd party booking.com to stay for 5 nights at the MJB hotel in Norwich.
    It wasn't until I arrived at the check in desk and spoke to the staff that I realised I had been sent an email by mjb (confirmation of booking) and more importantly my room code number to get in.
    I stayed the duration and I'm now back home I've today received 4 letters from Norfolk parking enforcement Ltd each is a parking fine for £60. Total: £240
    I contacted the hotel and the woman on the phone was not sympathetic but informed me that that I had been notified in my email about registering my vehicle reg for free parking. ( the woman actually put the phone down on me after telling me it was my own fault if I chose to ignore the email)!

Do I have to pay this ridiculous sum for parking in their own car park even though it says on booking.com that it's free? I'm a paying guest that simply didn't read the full email they sent. It doesn't say nothing on booking.com email about the vehicle registration

Please could anyone help me out here do I pay ? Appeal?

Thanks
    Richard

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] ??
    Tags: None

Re: Norfolk Parking Enforcement and MJB Hotels

Appeal each ticket individually so send this 4 times with the appropriate reference number each time. DO NOT SEND ONE APPEAL TO COVER 4 TICKETS.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver was a genuine hotel guest. I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9 in several aspects .

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

All appeals should be marked for the attention of The Appeals Co-ordinators and sent to: PO BOX 244, Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 8BZ
    or emailed to appeals@parkingprotection.co.uk
    Please allow 14 days for an acknowledgement and 35 days for a decision.

If popla is need let me know.

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

Thank you very much for your advice ! Is this something you've seen contested before ?
      I have just received another letter from them for a 5th day now. I have just emailed them on 5 separate occasions with the 5 different ref numbers etc.

I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Thanks

Comment

I've seen hundreds (thousands ?) of tickets (not to one person). For any BPA tickets (NPE is a BPA member) when people have acted upon my advice from initial appeal, only those who folded under pressure have paid. None have been forced to pay and many have been cancelled or won at popla.

M1

Comment

Hello Again M1,

So the outcome : I have received 5 letters from Norfolk Parking Enforcement Ltd and each letter reads the same for each of the 5 separate days they wish to charge me for.
          they read as follows :....

"Please be advised that Norfolk Parking Enforcement LTD (the Creditor) issued a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) to the vehicle FD03KDK at 7:08AM on the 26-10-2015 at the location "Governors Hotel 2-6 Earlham Road, Norwich, Norfolk. NR3 3DB" for the contravention of " Vehicle Not Registered" This PCN has not been paid and the opportunity to pay a discounted amount has been lost.
          Failure to provide Owner/ Driver Details or payment of the full amount £100 within 28 days of this notice will result in an increase to £150.00 plus further administrative costs. This letter will form part of our case against the driver of this vehicle.

Notice how they didn't supply a popla code ! Any advice on going forward M1 ?

thanks

Richard

Comment

office@parkingprotection.co.uk

Oi dickhead,

Where's my popla code ?

Me

M1

Comment

Should i simply ignore these letters until they provide a popla ?

Richard

Comment

Should i simply ignore these letters until they provide a popla ?

Richard

Comment

Email once per ticket and if not report to BPA.

M1

Comment

Just to clarify ..
                    Email asking for a popla for each ticket ?

if not responded to report to BPA ?

Report to BPA explaining how they are not producing a popla ?

thanks
                    Richard

Comment

:okay:

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X