• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received parking fine for staying in private land for 13 minutes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received parking fine for staying in private land for 13 minutes

Dear Members,

I received Bailiff letter (DCBL) on behalf of Parking Eye Ltd (Member of BPA), for staying in private land (private parking area) for 13 minutes.

I am a sales rep and during the month of December, I went to see one of my clients at roughly 7:30 pm. The private parking area was too dark and I was unable to spot the board displaying parking rules and restrictions (I can't attach photographic evidence here as I am a new member). I parked my vehicle in a private parking area outside the client’s apartment block and got off my car to get guest permit from him. As I pressed the buzzer, I received no response and realized the client’s not home. I called and found out the client might take little longer to get back home. That’s when I postponed the meeting and got back to my car. As I started the engine, I found the engine losing its power every time I reved. I had to restart and rev the engine few times to get some power back. However, due to the engine issue I exceeded the possible grace period of 10 minutes and stayed there for a total of 13 minutes.

Do I have a chance to beat this fine based on any of the following grounds:

- I stayed in private land for only 13 minutes.
    - My car’s engine didn’t start, therefore I exceeded the grace period.
    - It was too dark at night to spot the board displaying parking rules/restrictions.

I would also like to find out, if I request the CCTV clip and picture of display/board from the Parking Management Company, are they legally liable to provide it ? What would be the process to request it ?

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Londoner7788; Today, 01:20:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X