• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET -McDonald's Disabled Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET -McDonald's Disabled Bay

Good afternoon, my name is Bob and I'm new to this forum. Firstly, I apologise if I have posted in the wrong section.

I have had a good look around and I think the advice and support given here is amazing. There are few cases similar to my self but I would rather a personal response so I don't muck up the wording.

I ordered on the McDonald's app and collected via the drive thru. I then parked in the disabled bay whilst I ate my food as there were very few other spaces available and other vehicle monovering around the car park.
    I am a disabled driver and hold a blue badge. I genuinely didn't think to put the badge in the windscreen as I stayed in the car. However, this does not mean the badge wasn't displayed anywhere else such as the side windows
    ​​​​​​
    I was parked a maximum of 15 mins
    Not playing in it here but my medical conditions don't allow me to think clearly sometimes. I suffer with anxiety and depression, severe sleep apnea and trigeminal Neuralgia amongst a host of other issues.

I could kick my self for this but at the same time don't like how these private parking charge companies prey on people.

Can you advise if I have a case for appeal and any suggestions for wording such appeal.

I have tried to add attachments but I get an error message saying I don't have permission I guess this is because I'm a new user

Thanks in advance

Bob
    Tags: None

Image attached
    Attached Files

Comment

And the rear
      Attached Files

Comment

General question others can comment might also help your appeal Does it state anywhere on the signs there or any parking company where the blue badge must be displayed?

Comment

wales01man thanks for your reply.
          I'm not sure. I will take a ride back over the weekend to check

Comment

Originally posted by BobBobby View Post
            wales01man thanks for your reply.
            I'm not sure. I will take a ride back over the weekend to check
            Whilst there please take a photo to post up.
            Try and make even the small writing legible

In the meantime you can get the ball rolling by writing to them along these lines:

Dear Sirs,
            I have received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to specify the period of parking to which this notice applies as prescribed by section 9 (2) (e) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.
            Yours etc

Send first class with free certificate of posting from post office.
            They won't accept it as a valid reason to cancel the charge, but it is the start of the journey!

When corresponding with them (or even on here) do not identify the driver
            Last edited by des8; 27th July 2024, 08:42:AM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

I have a BLUE BADGE.I permanently leave it displayed on the front dashboard. Tucked between the windscreen and the dash, I have only had one problem with JOBS WORTH. I sad to Mrs make sure you put the clock time. She got it wrong, JOBSWORTH was standing two cars away and heard me say it, Mrs put the wrong time,, Here you are have a Yellow sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
                I have a BLUE BADGE.I permanently leave it displayed on the front dashboard. Tucked between the windscreen and the dash, I have only had one problem with JOBS WORTH. I sad to Mrs make sure you put the clock time. She got it wrong, JOBSWORTH was standing two cars away and heard me say it, Mrs put the wrong time,, Here you are have a Yellow sticker.
                I am confused here, how was it JOBSWORTH was able to attach the yellow label on the car whilst you were sitting in the car, if so why did you not show your BLUE BADGE ?.

Comment

Thank again for the interest and replies so far.

I went back to the car park, it was very busy and I wasn't able to park so took a photo from a distance so it's difficult to make out the small print but it does say blue badge should be displayed.

I am going to send an appeal today but I have been research over the weekend regarding the equality act.

My disabilities effect my mobility in many ways. I'm a big lad and bending forwards takes a lot of effort and is very difficult for me to place the blue badge on the dash so often place the badge in the side window so it's still clearly visable from outside of vehicle in line with the rules of the blue badge. Therefore surely this falls within the
                  ​​​​​​The Equality Act 2010 as I should not be penalised for my disability?

Would you agree?
                  Thanks in advance
                  Attached Files

Comment

There is no reason not to use the equality Act argument in your appeal.
                    However do not admit to being the driver e.g. state that "the driver has great difficulty etc"

Will still be surprised if they accept any appeal as it is not in their interest.
                    These firms have a habit of pursuing the money as far as possible

Have you asked McDonald's if they can get the charge cancelled? Speak to the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                      There is no reason not to use the equality Act argument in your appeal.
                      However do not admit to being the driver e.g. state that "the driver has great difficulty etc"

Will still be surprised if they accept any appeal as it is not in their interest.
                      These firms have a habit of pursuing the money as far as possible

Have you asked McDonald's if they can get the charge cancelled? Speak to the manager.
                      Thank you for your response.
                      My first thought was to ring and speak to a manager as I hoped they may be able to get the one cancelled. I have tried to phone the store since Friday, approximately 4 times and different times of the day. I have tried twice this morning and still they don't answer.

Comment

visit in person (if feasible) is generally more productive.
                        If they agree to instruct the parking co. to cancel, try and obtain written confirmation

Comment

I've had this response from McDonald's customer services
                          Attached Files

Comment

So typical customer dis-service response!

Comment

Update, I've managed to get through to a manager at the store and I'm going in tomorrow. She said to take my blue badge and the penalty notice and she'll get it cancelled

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X