• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCBL after a 5 year old fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCBL after a 5 year old fine

I received a letter from DCBL regarding a fine supposedly occurring in 2019. That is good 5 years ago. The presented motive is "parking beyond the permitted time" in a Waitrose carpark. I can't recall receiving a letter about this back then, or remember who the driver was at the day and time of the alleged offense. The letter arrived 5 days into the 14-day period to pay the fine and states "To ensure no further action is taken, you should make immediate payment...". They also added "At this point, you are no longer able to appeal the parking charge. Your next opportunity to dispute the charge would be if the matter goes to court". There is no link to communicate with them or appeal other than to discuss ways to pay the fine. Surely BPA can't just "remember" a 5-year-old fine and suddenly send DCBL after me. What are my options to fight this travesty, please?
    Tags: None

Welcome to the world of car parking companies!

First of all do not dignify their charge with the description "fine".
    It is not a fine but an invoice for parking, and as such can be disputed.
    There is a six year time limit for them to claim payment (hope you keep all your parking receipts in future )

If the letter is from DCBL, no need to panic
    If the letter is from DCBLegal Ltd (sister company) there are steps to be taken!

Can you post up a copy of that letter, first removing identifying details

Did you move house around that time?
    could the vehicle have been registered at a previous address?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X