• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Premier Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Premier Park

Hi all

Any advice appreciated. Received a PCN for the driver of my car being parked in a disabled bay. That's not true -the individual was parked in a parent and child bay as had little one with them (if you look at the second picture you can see the start of a yellow disabled bay in front of my space they conveniently tried to cut off in the first pic.

The pics they show as also 7 seconds apart and on the incident time it is 7mins after - the perspn thought legally they were allowed 10mins to read signage etc. Is there anyway to fight this? The driver cannot prove the signage under the car unfortunately so don't feel like this can be fought.

https://imgur.com/a/ExUQfJe
    Last edited by ULA; 2nd July 2024, 14:27:PM. Reason: Edited as requested
    Tags: None

Good morning

Was this a hired vehicle?

If the answer to the above question is "yes" was the PCN accompanied by any other documentation?

If "yes", please advise what documents were enclosed.
    If "no" cease worrying!

Comment

Hi. Thanks for responding. Yes that's correct. I hire this vehicle but no other docs were provided. Just the double sided letter

Comment

Sorry. I'm a little bit confused from your response, should I leave as is or be appealing?

Comment

Very busy at the mo' with other things, but will explain later today why there is no reason to be worried and will draft an appeal for you (not that they will accept it!)
          Do not identify the driver, even on this site, and in meantime am requesting admin ( ULA please ) to edit your first post accordingly.

Comment

Done
            If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do not provide advice by PM although I may on occasion ask you to send me documents this way but any related advice will be provided back on your thread.

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
            If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

You will need to send an appeal to Premier Park to arrive with them not before 21st July.
              It is important they do not receive your appeal any earlier as you do not want them to have time to correct their error which your appeal letter will point out to them

I would send the following letter to them, posting it first class with free certificate of posting from post office to catch the post on Saturday 20th July.

I have just received your Parking Charge Notice xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to supply a copy of the hire agreement as prescribed by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the hirer.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X