• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine from 2 years ago!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking fine from 2 years ago!

Hi there- hoping for some guidance please and I've seen and read some similar issues on this forum. So, I too, out of the blue received a HM Courts & Tribunal CC business centre letter sent by XXX solicitors -they were instructed by NCP at carpark next to a station.

They xxx solicitors claimed they had sent us a letter on the xxth of Dec, 2020 (we never received it) and then late Jan we got a letter from the court which we have since replied back.

It was last month we received the detailed particulars of claim in relation to the matter - so dates, times and PCN numbers etc.

Now, I have been dealing with the xxx solicitors on and off as I've had other tickets which I've dealt with and paid - I always ignore and or forget to pay the tickets on time. I still paid a £189 in Jan for another overdue and unpaid ticket and I thought that was it.

Why am I now receiving a fine from 2 years ago! now of all times! They claim this matter consisted of 4 parking charges, one which states that "not parked correctly within the markings of the bay space (please note I paid on this day but hadn't parked properly)!
    Another charged stated I parked without clearly displaying the required pay and no other cashless parking payments detected. I have bank statement proof that I did make payment.

I read from another where the term laches was advised. Does this apply to me? On the other occasions where they had not slept on chasing equity, I'd taken action, albeit late and to my financial detriment.

kind regards,

Tags: None

Sorry I don't see a question here?

Comment

There are lots of questions - I'm asking for guidance and advice on how to treat this or make my defence? I've never heard of where a car park charge has been paid but yet you still get a ticket for not parking in marked bay.

Do I have a case to argue the 2 instances where I have paid? And the other 2, I sincerely have no recollection but it was at the same car-park.

Comment

My guidance would be to pay as soon as possible as you have no defence.
        Last edited by EnglandPi; 3rd March 2021, 11:06:AM.

Comment

Thanks for your help and recommendation on how to use my punctuation correctly. I stayed up late and sent a message at 1.17am and you choose to focus on my punctuation. I've seen far less refined request on this forum but I was able to see past all that and just focus on the topic they have put forward.

I seem to have wasted my time and yours coming on here....

Comment

So if you have details of the PCNs does you payment correspond with those PCNs?

As for the amount does this help?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16qovzulab...inson.pdf?dl=0

Comment

Hi, yes my payments correspond to only 2 out of the 4 PCNs. They acknowledged one of this payment but the ticket issued stated I had not parked correctly in a marked bay. I didn't even know that was a thing to get a ticket for.

I will go through the link you have sent - thank you.

Comment

Post up the redacted PCNs

Comment

Please find attached. On checking one of the PCNs, they showed evidence of a ticket taken from my dashboard. So not sure why I got a ticket on that day.
                  Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X