• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

F1rst parking PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1rst parking PCN

Hi,

Looking for some advice on this PCN and would be grateful for some help.

1. Driver was in a hurry parked in a small car parked on the side (not within a bay) as there were none available. Received windscreen PCN on 24/07/19 which was ignored.

2. NTK was then received on 27/08/19 which was again ignored.

3. Debt collection letter was then received on 02/10/19 asking for £120 within 14 days which again has been ignored but is still payable on the website.

I know the first point of call should've been appealing and not to ignore these letters but the appeal window had passed. I've also read numerous threads about ignoring Debt collectors. However, if this was to go further I don't feel as if I can defend this case as I feel they have complied with all the rules? Also, perhaps it was a silly mistake of the driver and so should payment just be made because I probably won't 'win' in this case?
    However, I have read on one thread that First parking LLP aren't very litigious.

I've uploaded all letters to help. The first has slightly rubbed off so went over it in pen.

Many thanks.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Shame you ignored it, the NTK fails to comply with POFA and therefore no keeper liability. The invitation to keeper is not there and there is no period of parking. Normally I would suggest:

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give the invitation to keeper in the format prescribed by section 9 (2) (e) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

You could respond to the debt collectors saying that you have no liability in thus matter and giving the reasons. Tell them to refer back to their principal.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X