• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link Parking Court Hearing Not So Good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Parking Court Hearing Not So Good

This is my first post and my first ever court hearing which went not so well, so I would be grateful if I got some advice, thanks!

I have been to a small courts hearing last Friday however I forgot to hand in the witness statement prior to the hearing but I did have evidence with me.

The judge did look at the evidence and said she will have to investigate the case further and in the meantime awarded the claimant (Galdstones Solicitors on behalf Link Parking) on “wasted costs” of £130 for not filing the witness statement and I need to pay it to the claimant within 2 weeks otherwise I will not have a hearing 😭. I must now file a witness statement within 2 weeks and pay those bastards £130. The evidence is pretty much irrefutable and a 99% winning case however would I be able to claim any costs afterwards?

The wasted costs is pretty much half the amount of the claimant is seeking which is £259.00. What if the claimant now drops the case after I pay them as they are £130 better off. Would I be able to claim anything for them discontinuing.

They have 1% chance of winning the case so I see 2 outcomes:

- I win at the next hearing OR Link Parking discontinues case.

Anything I can do to make those c***s feel some pain lol? Honestly speaking my weekend felt so shit after this and I really want to get revenge on this arseholes!

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Link Parking Court Hearing Not So Good

Hi & welcome to LB.

Did you receive a court instruction (prior to the hearing) to provide a written witness statement?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Hi & welcome to LB.

Did you receive a court instruction (prior to the hearing) to provide a written witness statement?
      Yes I did which I regret not filing sooner!

Comment

Ah, I see.

Did you appeal via Link & IAS?

You seem pretty confident.....how so?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi,

I never appealed a private ticket in my life thinking that it will not come back. How wrong was I on this one...

Link Parking gave me a ticket on a public road where the council owns. I got a map and boundaries to show which part Link can enforce and which part they can not, that is why I am confident lol!

I am more concerned of recouping my costs. Any advice??

Comment

When you win you claim your costs for their unreasonable behaviour in bringing a vexatious case then they had no possible reason to expect to be successful.

You could always claim against them for their breach of the DPA in using your data and causing stress and harassment when they had no reasonable reason to do so.. About £500 ??

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
              When you win you claim your costs for their unreasonable behaviour in bringing a vexatious case then they had no possible reason to expect to be successful.

You could always claim against them for their breach of the DPA in using your data and causing stress and harassment when they had no reasonable reason to do so.. About £500 ??
              You’re talking my language now lol.

IF I do win the case how do I go about claiming these costs? I’m assuming also I do have to pay the wasted costs right within 2 weeks otherwise I’m debarred from a hearing or whatever the term the Judge used.

How would I claim for their breach of DPA? I would need evidence right.

Sorry for the questions but I am a newbie lol.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X