• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Parking Patrol Office - Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Parking Patrol Office - Parking Charge Notice

Hi

Some advice please

4 weeks ago the driver went to Wembley arena, and was directed to a couple of parking locations (By car park attendant) next to the official Yellow Wembley Car Park.

There were 2 guys there with high-Vis jackets on who were taking £20 payment.

Upon returning back 2 hrs later, there was a 'warden' from apparently Wembley Arena that was putting PCN tickets on cars. She hadn't done one for this yet but told them the details had been logged.

I've now received a letter telling me that a PCN WAS affixed to the windscreen and I should pay £100 - this is completely false!

Should I
    a) contact them to appeal
    b) ignore the letter and be prepared for any court escalation?

Many thanks
    Last edited by Parkingdriver; 5th May 2017, 19:09:PM. Reason: Misspelt word
    Tags: None

Re: UK Parking Patrol Office - Parking Charge Notice

How can you appeal if the vehicle has not had a ticket affixed to it and you, as registered keeper, have not had a notice to keeper sent to you ?

M1

Comment

Sorry autocorrect spelt not rather than now - corrected

Comment

Can you sanitise the letter and post it up ?

M1

Comment

And the 2 guys in yellow hi vis actually worked for the parking company and weren't a couple of scammers making a fast buck?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            And the 2 guys in yellow hi vis actually worked for the parking company and weren't a couple of scammers making a fast buck?

I presume they were scammers - but my point is that there was no ticket on the car when i got there or left - so their letter is lying
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok, well it is unlikely that an IPC member as, UKPO are, will uphold an appeal. The secondary stage THEIAS.org are pretty much going to refuse too.

Personally i would still do the required appeals as you may get lucky.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...530#post636530

So something like

The driver parked in accordance with the instructions received on site by the team wearing hi vis clothing. There was no notice to driver issued and as the notice to keeper was no within 14 days i have no liability.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X