• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Parking: Is it safe to ignore PCNs when you've appealed through IAS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Parking: Is it safe to ignore PCNs when you've appealed through IAS?

I recently received a PCN from Excel Parking. I used the facilities at Pure Gym Ashton which allows you to use the car park for free as long as you stay less than 2hrs! However, I didnt input my reg into the log at Pure Gym upon my arrival. It was my firsf time and I wasnt aware you had to do it. Subsequently, I received the PCN from Excel.

In order to appeal the PCN I obtained written proof from Pure Gym that I had used their facilities and forwarded this onto Excel. I received a letter from them on 16/12/16 (dated 23/11/16) stating that my appeal had been declined as there was no log of my reg at the gym! However, the length of time inbetween letters received did not allow me to folliw their specified appeals process!

I have since contacted Excel to lodge a complaint about their process but they have failed to acknowledge my complaint! All they have done is send further letters to try and enforce the debt and have threatened court action.

To cut a long story short Ive attempted to appeal through the IAS on the basis of maladministration. Ive since read that you should ignore ignore ignore any letters from Excel!....so now Im wondering if I can infact ignore any further letters from them even if my appeal through the IAS is declined (which undoubtedly it will be as Excel are cowboy rogue traders)!!!

Please help!!
    Tags: None

Re: Excel Parking: Is it safe to ignore PCNs when you've appealed through IAS?

Go into the gym with your proof and demand that they get Excel to cancel and get some sort of proof that they have asked for a cancel. Then forward copies to Excel.

Of couurse the IAS will decline an appeal. No other result could be expected

Comment

Hi, thanks so much for commenting! Thats a great idea actually. I'll go to the gym tomorrow to see what they can do! I should've done that in the first place and potentially saved myself a load of stress! Thanks again!

Comment

The manager though, not the cleaner.

M1

Comment

I dont mind who does it as long as it gets cancelled ;-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X