• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wright Hassall : Formal Letter of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POPLA Rebuttal following Beavis vs PE

Originally posted by mo781 View Post
    @mystery1

Ive popped the PCN on for you

Can you try again. It looks like you did it fine but there must be a site issue as it doesn't come up in a larger readable form.

M1

Comment

@mystery1

second time lucky

Attached Files
      Last edited by Kati; 30th June 2015, 10:05:AM. Reason: I can do this bit right :p

Comment

I would like to add the following information to my popla appeal.

The notice to keeper fails to included the statutory information.

1. It was sent on 7/5/15 for an event on 23/4/15 which is 14 days. PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9 (6) gives a presumed date of delivery of 11/5/15. It was late and there can be no keeper liability.

2. The notice to keeper does not specify a period of parking. The notice merely indicates a time of entry in to the car park and an exit time from the car park. The BPA code of practice makes reference to the fact that entry is not parking and dictates a grace period must be allowed partly for this very reason. As the keeper is not the person who was driving the keeper cannot know what the period of parking is and the legislation dictates it must be specified, presumably for that very reason. In Woodchester v Swayne & Co [1998] EWCA Civ 1209 (14 July 1998) it was held that the specified information required to be provided by legislation should indeed be accurate and that the failure made the relevant notice invalid. It was also the deciding factor in Parking Eye v Mrs X Case No: 3JD08399 IN THE ALTRINCHAM COUNTY COURT.
        http://nebula.wsimg.com/c289944f81b4afb375a97d05d5a80df6?AccessKeyId=4CB8F 2392A09CF228A46&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

3. The notice does not say the charges have not been paid in full.

4. The notice does not comply with F or H.

The initial loss indicated by Highview would in fact appear to be no more than an average cost of each space and nothing caused by the vehicle in question. With no initial loss there is no genuine pre estimate of loss.

M1

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Thanks for your help, I'll keep you posted with the outcome

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Just wanted to confirm is it okay to quote ''As the keeper is not the person who was driving'' ?

Comment

As the keeper is not always the person who was driving the keeper cannot always know what the period of parking is

M1

Comment

Their genuine pre estimate includes appeal and popla appeal? so they pre-estimate that everyone is going to appeal and appeal to popla?

Comment

Indeed. They will lose anyway though.

M1

Comment

So what if someone pays the charge.... that hasnt included an appeal or popla appeal... so how can they charge for those parts if they havent happened? Or am I mistaken?

Comment

The whole thing is a sham but in this world you can do anything to anyone who lets you or can't stop you. In Beavis they gave up on trying to explain them as justified on cost and said they were needed to keep order blah blah blah.

M1

Comment

Wright Hassall : Formal Letter of Claim

@mystery1

Hi All / m1

I have just received a Formal Letter of Claim from Wright Hassall solicitors as attached redacted, to be honest I have ignored all the other letters to date.

However do i need to reply back or can I just carry on ignoring the communications. It states the client is ZZPS which is the debt collector but the car park operator in CMS.

Just getting slightly worried now.

Many Thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

Re: Wright Hassall : Formal Letter of Claim

This may be a formal letter of claim, but note their liberal use of the word 'may'.....:tinysmile_twink_t2:

I'll leave the parking charge notice issue to [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] but personally I wouldn't worry UNTIL you receive an actual court claim form. (which will cost them £35 to issue)
                          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I like to respond to proper letters before claim as i don't wish anyone to suffer adverse cost issue if a claims is pursued.

In this case, as you note and [MENTION=2]Celestine[/MENTION] has indicated, the letter is bogroll. ZZPS have no standing as they do not own anything.

File and ignore.

M1

Comment

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]Celestine[/MENTION]

Will do, Many thanks for your advice and expertise. I thought it was going to be a 'wright hassall'.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]

Following up on the parking ticket rebuttal you kindly helped me with, its been a while since I received any correspondence.

I have just got back from a 4 week holiday and I have a letter from the new POPLA board as below:-

Your parking charge appeal against Highview Parking:

We have now received the case file from Highview and you should have received this from the operator, If you have not please contact the operator directly.

You have 14 days from the date of this letter to provide comments etc.........

However I have not received anything from Highview and also the 14 days have past from the receipt date of 4th August.

Any chance you could possibly assist me with this please.

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X