• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking charge notice (Tesco car park) - Civil Enforcement Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking charge notice (Tesco car park) - Civil Enforcement Ltd

Hi all,

My wife over stayed at a Tesco car park as she had a job interview at a hair salon within the Tesco grounds. Maximum stay is 4.5hrs and she was parked there 33 minutes over. We recieved a Parking charge notice £60 within 14 days or £100 within 28 days!!! Anyway I wrote a letter explaining the situation only to have the letter rejected. They have given me a Popla code, should I try Popla, pay or ignore this matter altogether? What is the chance of them taking me to the small claims court, has anyone actually been taken to court or is it threats? I have read on this site that the rules have changed regarding PCN's and that you should not ignore letters. Further more there doesn't seem to be many recent posts on the web regarding PCN's in 2014 so are people just paying the fines???

Thanks in advance.

Charlie
    Tags: None

Re: Parking charge notice (Tesco car park) - Civil Enforcement Ltd

You need to take it to POPLA and everything should go away but you really need to do some research about what to write to POPLA, such as not a genuine presetimate of land, no aurhority to issue parking charges, inadequate signs. Search this site and pepipoo

Comment

Popla appeal for CEL http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...104#post410104

The result http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...586#post420586

:okay:

M1

Comment

You could also try writing to Tesco and ask them to intervene.
        If the hair salon is within Tesco grounds, you could point that out to them.
        Ask them to account for any loss over the 30 minute period, that justifies a £60.00 charge.
        Tell them that if this is the way they treat customers, no wonder their profits are falling.
        Threaten to shop elsewhere.
        Send you letter to the District Manager, at Tesco Head Office
        http://www.tesco-careers.com/user/cu...heshunt-ho.pdf
        You should get a response.
        Send your letter by recorded and signed for post.
        Costs under £2.
        Don't forget to give details of the job interview, if you have it.

If you have a Tesco club-card, then also give them details of that, saying you are a regular customer.
        “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

She was at the salon. Could ask them but popla will win.

Should chuck in vcs v ibbotson though. http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...=post&id=16231) 19 onwards

M1

Comment

Great post M1..
            Nice to see the other side get their arses kicked.
            Any idea of the outcome with regards to them appearing before the judge?
            “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X