• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ParkingEye - 'Judgement for claimant' - out of nowhere?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ParkingEye - 'Judgement for claimant' - out of nowhere?!

Hello,

I am writing this in a bit of a panic as I am in the middle of applying for a house to rent and my credit check has returned with a CCJ on my file. My post goes to my grandparents address as I am in between homes at the moment, and so I have found a letter from ParkingEye entitled "Judgement for claimant" which states I have not replied to a claim form, and therefore owe £170 including costs.

Firstly, I haven't replied because I haven't had a claim form.

Secondly, if I had received a claim form I would have done something about it as I have a squeaky clean credit file (until now!)

Thirdly, how can someone just whack a CCJ against me without actually having sent any previous documentation?

I'm in a massive panic at the moment because whatever it is, is about to destroy my credit rating.

I have tried to contact Parking Eye myself to find out what its for, but I have no reference numbers and so both telephone lines and website will reject anything I enter. They are absolutely impossible to get in touch with, which is a disgrace given the severity of their actions.

If anyone can help me find out what it is for, get this CCJ off my record and put the matter to bed somehow I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks
    Nick
    Tags: None

Re: ParkingEye - 'Judgement for claimant' - out of nowhere?!

What date was on it ?

M1

Comment

22nd July

Comment

Well the path of least resistance is to pay within 28 days and your credit record won't suffer.

You can and really should set aside the judgment http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...plicaton-notes .

Try phoning the court tomorrow to see if there are address issues with the non delivery of the court claim form.

M1

Comment

The OP says a CCJ is on their credit file? don't they go on record after 28 days if not paid?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            The OP says a CCJ is on their credit file? don't they go on record after 28 days if not paid?

I belive they are removed if paid.

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/unders...removing-a-ccj

With the house buying it might be easiest to pay then, if they have the heart and fight, set aside.

M1

Comment

Its marked as satisfied if paid after 28 days op needs to check all this

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                Its marked as satisfied if paid after 28 days op needs to check all this
                Court order dated 22nd July ^^^^^^^

M1

Comment

Thats what I thought Mr Wales, that they didn't go to the Registry unless not satisfied after 28 days?

I suspect OP hasn't been assiduous in keeping DVLA updated on address (given that post goes to grandparents and they say they are between homes) so N1 probably validly served at last known address and no acknowledgement so they get judgment on day 15.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                    I belive they are removed if paid.

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/unders...removing-a-ccj

With the house buying it might be easiest to pay then, if they have the heart and fight, set aside.

M1
                    That link implies they are reported immediately - not sure why I didn't think that was the case, but I didn't.

Comment

We are in a Disagreement M1 does a CCJ go on the register before or after 28 days if after the CRA would not have the info or am I wrong?

Comment

Thanks for the info :-)

To clarify, the letter is dated 22/7/14, and I believe the CCJ went onto file on the same date from what I remember (now using ipad, report is on work computer).

I guess the telling factor will be tomorrow wholly dependent on what the landlord of the new place says (note: renting, not buying) and if it would stop me getting the house in any way. If it won't then I'm happy to fight, but if it will then I have no choice but to pay up because I'll be homeless otherwise.

It has me entirely baffled as to how / where / when, etc.. And above all else I would have definitely fought if I knew sooner!

Comment

I have no knowledge. I just posted what the ccj register (trustonline ) says.

M1

Comment

Steve - all data is at correct address except driving licence which I am led to believe is irrelevant in this instance?

V5 definitely states correct address, hence also how the last letter seems to arrive but I am extremely dubious in the fact that it would seem that my time for appeal has bypassed without my knowledge...

Comment

By the way, in addition, if I want to pay it off they haven't given me a reference number which links to the judgement either. I tried sending them a snotty message via the appeal section on the website and it wouldn't accept generic entries into the reference field, so I'm still stuck!

Essentially, I am backed into a corner with this CCJ and no apparent way of removing it before 28 days have passed?!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X