• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

P.E Morrisons Ticket Reigate,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P.E Morrisons Ticket Reigate,

Originally posted by des8 View Post
    Can you not point out to your wife, that other than confirming they are there and who they are, it is most unlikely that they will have to speak (except to answer the odd question from the judge).
    You will be pointing out to the court that as the claimant is not present (there will only be PE's rep from (probably) LPC Law), and so it will not be possible to cross question the claimant.
    So you ask the court to confirm that as the claimant cannot be examined it would be unfair and unbalanced if the defendant was cross questioned.
    It is a difficult one for me here Des, I thought we could get this sorted with P>E before it really got this far, I have no probs going to the court, but I assure the wife all would OK and the defendant wouldnt have to go, she has ADHD and is dislexic, she said at the begiininng lets just pay it and I said No, I have tried to expalin to the wife but it would also mean the defendant had to take the day off of work, so I would be going against my word with all, what is so frustrating is that I have tried to mediate and settle before this but parking eye have said No to mediation and wont asnswer my email to try to resolve before court this week:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
    They want the £150 paid incl court costs before it is heard in court the Buggers!!
    Thank you for your help so far everyone that is:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Well, if it is impossible for you to persuade your wife that going to court is the right way, and it's now too late to advise non attendance and obtain a decision on submissions already made:
      I think you have no option but to go to court & explain position (including evidence* of ADHD & dyslexia). You can then request judge hears case in absence of defendant, with you acting as unpaid lay representative as per CPR PD27 as in post 43. You could explain you feel this would be in the interests of justice, the court has the power to do this, there was no contempt intended and you only reached this point because PE refused to negotiate, the defendant had intended attending but due to condition etc etc.
      If you don't turn up you will lose by default anyway, and possibly get landed with adverse costs as M explained.

*Doctor's letter if you can magic one up in time, confirming that due to condition court attendance would be inappropriate/detrimental?

Whatever you decide, good luck.

Comment

Well, if it is impossible for you to persuade your wife that going to court is the right way, and it's now too late to advise non attendance and obtain a decision on submissions already made:
        I think you have no option but to go to court & explain position (including evidence* of ADHD & dyslexia). You can then request judge hears case in absence of defendant, with you acting as unpaid lay representative as per CPR PD27 as in post 43. You could explain you feel this would be in the interests of justice, the court has the power to do this, there was no contempt intended and you only reached this point because PE refused to negotiate, the defendant had intended attending but due to condition etc etc.
        If you don't turn up you will lose by default anyway, and possibly get landed with adverse costs as M explained.

*Doctor's letter if you can magic one up in time, confirming that due to condition court attendance would be inappropriate/detrimental?

Whatever you decide, good luck.
        Thank you so much for your advice Des:tinysmile_twink_t2:
        I feel so silly as after reading your helpful posting and realising how short of time I was in only a few days time I checked the date and I had the right date but it is next month!!, I am so sorry, what a clown goon I am!!! but at least I have more time now:tinysmile_twink_t2:
        I guess I was getting in a bit of a panick, anyway I will still do what you say Des and thank you so much again sport :tinysmile_twink_t2: and the same goes to all who have contributed to this.
        A very appreciative Grant

Comment

Thanks for giving us a laugh.
          And credit where credit's due ...... most of my knowledge has come from M advising my daughter:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

And credit where credit's due ...... most of my knowledge has come from M advising my daughter:tinysmile_twink_t2:
            About what Des? not a P>E ticket surely?

Comment

No..... TWO over 12 months ago and now stayed until after the Beavis appeal (due February)

Comment

Originally posted by grant007 View Post
                Thank you so much for your advice Des:tinysmile_twink_t2:
                I feel so silly as after reading your helpful posting and realising how short of time I was in only a few days time I checked the date and I had the right date but it is next month!!, I am so sorry, what a clown goon I am!!! but at least I have more time now:tinysmile_twink_t2:
                I guess I was getting in a bit of a panick, anyway I will still do what you say Des and thank you so much again sport :tinysmile_twink_t2: and the same goes to all who have contributed to this.
                A very appreciative Grant

Time to negotiate, time to notify the court and PE that you want a hearing on paperwork only and time to get a skeleton sorted if option 2 is the one you go for :okay:

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                  Time to negotiate, time to notify the court and PE that you want a hearing on paperwork only and time to get a skeleton sorted if option 2 is the one you go for :okay:

M1
                  Hi M1, thank you for your reply sport :thumb:
                  Yes I have more time

Ok I will, but can you just help me a bit more M?
                  I need to notify the court and P>E and say I want a hearing on Paper work yes?
                  What does that actually mean please M.
                  Being abit of a numpty can you just give me a bit more on what to do please sport or what to word to both the court and P.E please M
                  I am sorry to keep getting you typing stuff but I am not that sharp on this stuff M
                  Happy to do whatever but need a bit of guidance .
                  Thank you so much again Mr "M":thumb:
                  Grant

Comment

I need to notify the court and P>E and say I want a hearing on Paper work yes?
                    What does that actually mean please M.
                    Write an email to the court and the claimant and say i won't be there please proceed in my absence using the paperwork i have filed.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...es/part27#27.9

Non-attendance of parties at a final hearing
                    (1) If a party who does not attend a final hearing–
                    (a) has given written notice to the court and the other party at least 7 days before the hearing date that he will not attend;
                    (b) has served on the other party at least 7 days before the hearing date any other documents which he has filed with the court; and
                    (c) has, in his written notice, requested the court to decide the claim in his absence and has confirmed his compliance with paragraphs (a) and (b) above,
                    the court will take into account that party’s statement of case and any other documents he has filed and served when it decides the claim.

Being abit of a numpty can you just give me a bit more on what to do please sport or what to word to both the court and P.E please
                    Sure, bump this up 1st, 2nd or 3rd October as i'm working and watching Ryder cup for next 9 days and free those dates

In the mean time fire off a letter asking for a stay as per http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...urt-cases.html

M1

Comment

Well chaps
                      P.E did contact me in the end and asked for £50 to settel so we did it:tinysmile_twink_t2:
                      I would like to thake you M1 and Des for trying so hard to help and for your time with this, I am sorry we buckled at the last minute but it was the wife that was worried by these buggers and I personally would have loved to have gone to court and said my piece but there we go.
                      Thank you both again for your kind help with this matter :tinysmile_twink_t2::tinysmile_twink_t2::tinysmile _twink_t2:
                      Grant

Comment

Cheaper than the original ticket

Gotta do what you gotta do.

M1

Comment

Thanks for letting us know.
                          No need to apologise for doing what suits you best.
                          It is stressful fighting these b*****s, and you do have to take into account the effect on your nearest and dearest

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                            Cheaper than the original ticket

Gotta do what you gotta do.

M1
                            Thank you M

Comment

Thanks for letting us know.
                              No need to apologise for doing what suits you best.
                              It is stressful fighting these b*****s, and you do have to take into account the effect on your nearest and dearest
                              Thak you Also Des :tinysmile_twink_t2:
                              Although it didnt really apply to this case I have got to the point in life where I realsie life is so short and time is so preciuos, with other things I am alwys weighing up that I may pay a bit more for something that will save me time though, as no matter how much money we have we will never buy time you see, so this amount with these gits just seemed quick easy less stressful for the wife and its done, I told the daughter whatever you do do not park and get one of these tickets again!!! as I feel ripped off by P.E and more so morrisons who didnt help and a quick recky showed we have spend a wopping £120K with them in the last 15years and they didnt even have the decency to help out here!!:tinysmile_cry_t:
                              I know the system was set up more for people who were not shopping in morrisons and just using their car park, so I felt betrayed by them for that, but there we have it, I always appreciate anyone that can spend their preciuos time like you Guys do, so thank you so much again for what you do Des And M:tinysmile_twink_t2::tinysmile_twink_t2::tinysmil e_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X