• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barking L23 Notice issued Plz help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barking L23 Notice issued Plz help

Hi,

A PCN dated 08-05-2014 is issued under the code L23.

date of contravention is 27-04-2014 time 12:49HRs Sunday ( time is difference in first paragraph showing 12:47)

I remember that and I was there to drop off my wife and daughter ( 8 months).

then I drove off straight away.

I parked there many times before as well just to alight and aboard purposes, just wondering why I just got it PCN now.

is there any ground can I challenge? actually I am watching BBC programme now a days titled " parking Mad" so I thought why not give it a go?

many thanks in anticipation.
    Tags: None

Re: Barking L23 Notice issued Plz help

What's the exact location? Presumably a goods vehicle only loading bay?

Alighting/boarding is a valid exemption.

Have you viewed the video?:
    http://www.lbbd.gov.uk/TransportAndS...Nevidence.aspx

Comment

Hi and welcome

If you are to challenge a PCN issued by a council for parking in a space not designated for that class of vehicle you need to check
      1) signage is clear and located properly
      2) signage lists prohibited vehicles & times of prohibition
      3) road makings if required are in place and correct
      4) check the PCN was correctly issued
      5) check the validity of the traffic order
      among other things.

If you are going to get worthwhile advice you will have to post up full details including a redacted copy of the actual PCN
      Last edited by des8; 8th May 2014, 22:08:PM. Reason: Crossed with Michael

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
        What's the exact location? Presumably a goods vehicle only loading bay?

Alighting/boarding is a valid exemption.

Have you viewed the video?:
        http://www.lbbd.gov.uk/TransportAndS...Nevidence.aspx
        Thanks Michael

yes it was loading bay only barking vicarage lane plaza station parade parking bay.

Comment

Look at the video and see just how long you were actually parked for and whether it shows passengers boarding

barking vicarage lane plaza station parade parking bay.
          Need to be more definite. Post a link from googlle street view.

Comment

Look at the video and see just how long you were actually parked for and whether it shows passengers boarding

I checked online, there were pictures only showing passenger and buggy alighting. the total time may vary from 5mins to 7,9. not sure really.

I tried to view pictures again this morning but couldn't get access, may be it is just for one viewing only.

Need to be more definite. Post a link from googlle street view.
            https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.53...MSuQ!2e0?hl=en

thanks Michael

Comment

I checked online, there were pictures only showing passenger and buggy alighting. the total time may vary from 5mins to 7,9. not sure really.

I tried to view pictures again this morning but couldn't get access, may be it is just for one viewing only.
              https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.53...MSuQ!2e0?hl=en

Comment

PCN copy is attached
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aamir View Post
                  Hi,

I remember that and I was there to drop off my wife and daughter ( 8 months).

then I drove off straight away.
                  Originally posted by aamir View Post
                  These two contradictions show why it is important to view the video evidence that the council has, so you know exactly what you're up against, as opposed to what you think you remember.

Comment

These two contradictions show why it is important to view the video evidence that the council has, so you know exactly what you're up against, as opposed to what you think you remember.
                    Michael,

apologies, I didn't get, should I ask council to send or arrange a viewing of video evidence?

can I challenge that PCN?

Comment

Yes, on the grounds that the contravention did not occur.

You were dropping of your wife and daughter, together with the buggy, as can be seen in the council's own photographic evidence.

Boarding/alighting is a valid exemption in a loading bay and you were only there for as long as necessary and drove away immediately afterwards.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X