• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello everyone - advice needed please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone - advice needed please!

First of all hello to everyone, I've spent a little while viewing this forum relating to my current issue and it's good to know there are people out there giving their time to help.

I have a rather pressing issue with a certain Rundles at the moment. It's related to a parking ticket I got. I don't have any great excuse that explains why I am where I am with this (children may be to blame..which is like saying the dog ate my homework), I'm terrible at responding/opening mail as I get so little I rarely check...my fault entirely.

I have a hand delivered letter yesterday 16/07 stating 'Attendance Notice, the clearance of goods' telling me a man called with transportation to remove my goods, returning in 48 hours. The total is £357.04.

Last night I sent letter one from your useful letters page asking for the breakdown of these costs (yet to get a reply ofcourse).

My immediate concern is how can this have jumped so much in cost? could I be right in thinking the bailiff has entered the back garden (detached house with a non too secure metal gate to the side) and levied on goods like a barbeque and childrens cars/spare wheels etc?

I'm not in from early in the mornings but from tomorrow my wife will be at home with 4 children and I really do not want her dragged into this...again all my fault.

Is there anything else I should/could do to avoid a visit or should I just pay them to make them go away at this late stage? something I'm loathed to do as these people really do seem to be horrible from what I've been reading.

Any advice is very welcome.
    Last edited by NightSpirit; 17th July 2013, 14:49:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Hello everyone - advice needed please!

Hi NightSpirit, & welcome to Legal Beagles.

Have you read these

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-with-Bailiffs

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply Charity.

I have taken a look at both links, for the first one am I right in thinking then that he should have posted something signed by himself to say what he's levied if indeed he did enter the garden? I'm hoping they will respond with the breakdown of charges before they return.

My problem is (not uncommon I'm sure) that I'm late in the day with this. I really don't want to do nothing and my wife get a visit from tomorrow onwards. I've told her it might happen and to not open the door etc but I'm worried that this will ofcourse cause her distress and will result in me being in the dog house (rightly so I might add).

I also wonder if bailiff's browse such forums and search for key terms to get useful information on active cases!

Comment

In other words as I know your time is precious...

is there anything I can do to stop them visiting? will the request for breakdown do this? If I do follow any of the great advice elsewhere on this site will it result in the cost being reduced (can't imagine it would go away!) or will it simply extend the timelines for people in financial distress?

Thank you again,

Comment

Originally posted by NightSpirit View Post
          I also wonder if bailiff's browse such forums and search for key terms to get useful information on active cases!
          The words "bears" & "woods" spring to mind! - http://www.civea.co.uk/news-24.htm
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            The words "bears" & "woods" spring to mind! - http://www.civea.co.uk/news-24.htm
            Thought as much. Still not answer to my request for breakdown although their site http://www.steveedgedev.co.uk/rundle...lty-charge.pdf seems to suggest the figure I'm now facing needs some explanation.

Should I call these people? (not the guy who has visited my house but the main contact number).

Kind of hoping to get enough info today to make a decision...thanks again for the advice.

Comment

Ok heard back...

Debt 82.00, first letter 11.20, visit fee 28.00, attendance / van 190.00!

Should I be asking for proof of this van hire?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X