• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Ok M1

Heres the details we were advised to park in the car park behind the port by a member of staff from red funnel we wasnt advised it was a pay and display just that we could wait in there.
    We didnt see any signs on entering the car park, we received a letter from parking eye 10 days later to advise us of the charge, I appealed which they rejected now I have got another letter with a popla code saying they have extended the discount period for another 14 days.

Comment

All Poke in the Eye can claim, legitimately, is the Pay & Display fee AND NO MORE. They are NOT, repeat, NOT, entitled to any sum over and above that, save for an ex gratia £5 contribution towards the cost of the initial letter. Any expense they have incurred thereafter is attributable to Poke in the Eye's own malfeasance. They are NOT entitled or permitted to claim for that.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenalgirl View Post
        Ok M1

Heres the details we were advised to park in the car park behind the port by a member of staff from red funnel we wasnt advised it was a pay and display just that we could wait in there.
        We didnt see any signs on entering the car park, we received a letter from parking eye 10 days later to advise us of the charge, I appealed which they rejected now I have got another letter with a popla code saying they have extended the discount period for another 14 days.

I have replied on your thread. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...nalgirl)/page2

M1

Comment

Hi
          I dont have any photos of the car park just the ones of our car entering and leaving car park, we were told to park there by the staff member of red funnel while we waited for our ferry. I didnt see any signs, we waited in the car as we were told. We live 300 miles away so didnt know the area at all. I have the popla code and we have received 2 letters now first one with the fine second one turned down the appeal and given me popla code. They have offered to extend the discount period to pay though!!
          Please can you help with the appeal letter to popla
          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by maxinep View Post
            Hi
            I dont have any photos of the car park just the ones of our car entering and leaving car park, we were told to park there by the staff member of red funnel while we waited for our ferry. I didnt see any signs, we waited in the car as we were told. We live 300 miles away so didnt know the area at all. I have the popla code and we have received 2 letters now first one with the fine second one turned down the appeal and given me popla code. They have offered to extend the discount period to pay though!!
            Please can you help with the appeal letter to popla
            thanks

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...283#post352283

M1

Comment

hi
              I called red funnel they don't own the car park they said owned bu town port quays and there are signs up saying pay and display car park
              What do I now write on my appeal to POPLA?

Comment

@Tapa10 In the Supermarket cases currently going to court, ParkingEye write in saying 'had we known before we started legal proceedings you were a customer, we would have cancelled all charges.' I'm minded to believe them, so my advice would be to appeal enclosing some proof of shopping (receipt/redacted banks statement/credit card bill). They also write in their witness statement that each letter they send contains details on how to appeal, so even though you may think you are out of time to appeal, according to ParkingEyes own court documents, you are not. Finally, in the court cases they also offer to settle for their direct costs of £50 which include £15 court fee. In your case, the court fees of £15 and some of the other costs will not yet apply, so even if they do not cancel they should only be offering to charge you their direct costs of £35 of less.

Please come back to the forum if they tell you your appeal is out of time, or they do not cancel the charge or they offer to reduce but still ask for more than £35. I would love to then submit your experience as evidence in some of the cases currently going to court.

@maxinep At southampton the mandatory entrance signs required by by Appendix B of the BPA Ltd code of practice do not conform. The lettering is far too small, the big 'p' is missing, the wording is incorrect, the sign is positioned such the a driver with legal eyesight cannot read it without moving their eyes more than 10% from the road, group '1' and '2' fonts are the same size and the colouring chosen, back on yellow is extremely close to the colouring used as an example of 'difficult to read' (blue on yellow). That should be enough for POPLA to throw out due to signage irregularities, but also add the usual stuff such as contract with landowner not compliant with BPA Ltd code of practice 7.1 and 7.2 and charge not true pre-estimate of loss as per BPA Ltd CoP 19.5. True pre estimate of loss at Southampton is £5.20 (£2.20 parking, £2.50 DVLA, 60p postage)

Comment

Ahhhh, PARKING EYE is so frustrating... I have just received a second letter (never received the first) detailing that I must pay a parking charge..when I googled them, i have found so many forums saying IGNORE them! However, I notice that some recent posts are suggesting that you could go to court?? Is this penalty charge enforceable? Should I ignore or should I just pay now before the fine goes up? I, like many others was sitting in my car whilst I waited for someone..seems highly unfair???!!!!! Help.. I am a little scared!

Comment

Originally posted by lylalooloo View Post
                    Ahhhh, PARKING EYE is so frustrating... I have just received a second letter (never received the first) detailing that I must pay a parking charge..when I googled them, i have found so many forums saying IGNORE them! However, I notice that some recent posts are suggesting that you could go to court?? Is this penalty charge enforceable? Should I ignore or should I just pay now before the fine goes up? I, like many others was sitting in my car whilst I waited for someone..seems highly unfair???!!!!! Help.. I am a little scared!

Start a thread.

Post up a redacted copy of the letter and details of the car park. Get pictures of the signage if you can.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by lylalooloo View Post
                      Hi,

A Parking Charge Notice is not issued by what we know as a traffic warden and should be argued and disputed.

A Penalty Charge Notice (which you mention above) should be paid as soon as possible if you don't intend appealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                        Hi,

A Parking Charge Notice is not issued by what we know as a traffic warden and should be argued and disputed.

A Penalty Charge Notice (which you mention above) should be paid as soon as possible if you don't intend appealing it.
                        Does Parking Eye issue Penalty Charge Notices?
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Probably not.

Does Labman's brain work in the morning? Certainly not! :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                            Probably not.

Does Labman's brain work in the morning? Certainly not! :tinysmile_grin_t:
                            I'm sooooooo glad I'm not the only one, mate!

:biggrin1:
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi, a recent case bares referring to for all 'victims' of this scam? (This is a direct quote from another Forum and very much worth noting. A case heard Oct13).
                              Case No. ******
                              Civil Enforcement Ltd v ********* (£350 claimed)
                              At: Watford County Court

The Defendant uses this P&D car park on a daily basis, and on one occasion forgot to pay the £5 daily charge.

I attend court today against CEL and the case was dismissed!

Thank you so very much for your help- it was instrumental in the outcome!

The Deputy district Judge was particularly influenced by the OBSERVICE v THURLOW case.

A Mr Abraham attended for CEL with a female associate.
                              The judge did consider there was a contract in place, but only for the £1 or £5 parking fee. He considered the onerous £150 term was not adequately drawn to my attention as it is in such small print. Also the £150 was not a genuine pre estimate of loss. They raised at court the loss was made up of salary, stationery, building costs ect but he was having none of that, saying that was the admin cost of bringing the case, not the pre estimated loss of me failing to pay £5. Where it to be the case he referred to Thurlow that CEL could not have offered a reduction for an early payment.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Have you a link to the judgment? It's fine to post links here.

The more you read the forum here you'll see this issue of penalties and especially the claim not being a genuine pre-estimate of loss coming up time and time again. It's always good to read another judgment though.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X